Odd mining... [android app beta testing]

• It's possible that i didn't send a Deadline since 31-08-2016 21:05:10 to the BIZ pool?
    I am with 1159 GB plot and this never happened to me.
    Where i am is 01-09-2016 23:54 now?! Almost one day without send a DL and with the miner running 24/7 it's odd... Someone could check this out?

• admin

@gpedro What's your Burst address - I'll take a look in the logs.

• @haitch BURST-JYHR-SPXP-YT22-5F4KM

• admin

@gpedro I looked over the deadlines for yesterday, and don't see any big gaps.0_1472781991928_gpredro-dl.log

• @haitch those are confirmed or just received?

My miner looks like these and sometimes the error don't appear:

The other account (BURST-R4QA-8GHZ-DSUZ-GRC4G) is one account that i created on Android and with i'm mining on another pool (mobile.burst-team.us:8080) and i appear on the other pool when i have a sufficient good deadline because i'm only mining with 1GB there (testing)...

I thought it was just a small error because i'm in the same network but it appears to be affecting my main miner since i'm not on the pool site and the Deadlines on the miner neither are confirmed...

Actually i'm not mining with the android for like 1-2 hours and the error sometimes appear and sometimes don't, so this shouldn't be on the miner at all...

Any thoughts?

• admin

@gpedro With Blago miner you can't be mining on two different pools at once, the miner is finding blocks assigned to different pools. Based on that error your BURST-JYHR-SPXP-YT22-5F4KM as the reward assignment set to mPool, but you're miningburstcoin.biz. Change the reward assignment back.

• @haitch I have already done that because the BURST-JYHR-SPXP-YT22-5F4KM account have autochanged when i started mining on android... And i was mining on the two different devices to two different pools and i was showing in the pool and the error already appeared on my screen but after the last payment that i received this happened but maybe i was only sending DeadLines
    when the error doesn't appear (i don't know)...

I don't think that should have to do with the miner because i'm mining on another pool with another device, the only things that they share it's the same network and same extension of power trough the wall xD

EDIT: my Blago miner is pointing to the biz pool and don't have any error with that account there...

• admin

@gpedro The Blago miner says your account is pointing to the mPool on every DL you submit. Redo that accounts reward assignment back to the .biz pool.

• @daWallet @IceBurst This has something to do with the Android miner for sure... And to add my plot on the android stop being recognized on the miner last night and i have to replot so i can mine again on the mobile...

@haitch Actually i think it was after i replot that the problems started, so this afternoon. And i think my DeadLines yesterday were being submited...

• @haitch I've done and i'm waiting for the 4 blocks...

• @gpedro said in Odd mining...:

ed on the miner last night and i have to replot so i can mine again on the mobile...
    @haitch Actually i think it was after i replot that the problems started, so this afternoon. And i think my DeadLines yesterday were being submited...

In the current release of the Android minor we are forcing users to use the mPool. The reward recipient is hard coded in and is validated that the user you logged in with it pointing at the correct ID. The reason you want to use distinct account 1 for PC mining and 1 for Android mining.

1. If you use the same account and try to mine on two different pool one of them will always have the wrong reward recipient.

HTH,

-IceBurst

• @IceBurst yes that i understand myself on my first plot that i made on Android... xD
    But it goes mess with my reward assignment on the pc with the first plot that i made there and that plot don't even exist anymore it's strange... It happened with nothing shared beside the network. Different pool, different account, different device!

What i'm saying is that maybe there's some problem when the app deletes some plot and then you will try to mine with the account you have tryed to plot on android... I'm just reporting something that i found.

And actually i have a question for you... is there a way we can edit some folder on Android and set some path? Here is what i want to try:
    I can emulate my google drives on android but only at an app level and as far as i discover is there no way to do it at system level (if you know i'd appreciate the help), so i think that maybe my idea could work if the path where it looks for the plots could be edited as in Blago miner you edit miner.conf or otherwise i think you could put that trying to reach the emulated clouds. That would bring android mining throught a all new level!!

• @gpedro said in Odd mining...:

I can emulate my google drives on android but only at an app level and as far as i discover is there no way to do it at system level (if you know i'd appreciate the help), so i think that maybe my idea could work if the path where it looks for the plots could be edited as in Blago miner you edit miner.conf or otherwise i think you could put that trying to reach the emulated clouds. That would bring android mining throught a all new level!!

I'm not sure how one system can delete plots on the other system if they have nothing in common other than the network. I'm going with either Solar Flares or Ninja Cats are playing tricks on you. As for your recommendation about custom paths on Android; We expect the average phone user to not have a deep understanding of plotting and mining so we tried to simplify the entire process. This is why we currently force the use of mPool and limit the location of the plot files to the largest SD drive. It might be possible in the future to add that feature under some sort of "Advanced features" tab but I want to ensure what we have running today is stable, as you know we are currently in beta with multiple devices and I'll be checking the reports this weekend for faults and crashes.

I hope your having enjoying with the new Android system.

Thanks,

-IceBurst

• @IceBurst It's spetacular i can't thank you enough for what you've done... I'm not complaining in any way, i'm just reporting what's happened to me and give you what i think could be something great for Android mining and for the advertising of the Android version... I'm sorry if i don't have expressed me well but around here are almost 11 AM and i hadn't sleep yet ...

• admin

@gpedro @IceBurst I know what is happening with gpredro's mining...

If he login his main account with the android app, the app catches the main account's Burst address (and saves it temporarily)

Then he clicks on "mining" ... want to mine his android wallet plots, but the android app (beta) automatically changes the reward receipient of his catched main account address.

The solution would be, that the app read the first number of the plots instead and checks with that the reward recipient.

• @daWallet @IceBurst you guys understand it better than i of course xD Great work mates?!

• @gpedro huh ... Android miner is out ... When ?

• @Castiel Beta testing