A total mess....

• Can someone please help me, i watched the setup videos and did exactly what they said, and getting errors, i downloaded the blockchain too and cant seem to sync it to the wallet, if i go to the local wallet it starts downloading the blockchain again on its own - and i am in a mess not knowing what to do.

Then i get this as well after i have had the error 5
    {"requestProcessingTime":2,"error":"Cannot reassign reward recipient before previous goes into effect: {"senderPublicKey":"420dd0d21cdac29d6184d2a9e7e67d486fb11f72cf17a883d4d6d6fae7ad2c4e","signature":null,"feeNQT":100000000,"type":20,"version":1,"ecBlockId":"15853107517383005032","attachment":{"version.RewardRecipientAssignment":1},"subtype":0,"amountNQT":0,"recipient":"15291186589713514299","ecBlockHeight":273169,"deadline":1440,"timestamp":66080756}"}

Nothing is working.

Should i start again? I have the blockchain files, but

• Also, when i click "Start Mining" i get a small screen - is that it? Am i now mining on that? And if so, how do i know i am mining properly?

Thanks guys, i have spent many hours trying to get it mining right and need some help.

• admin

@CaptainSparrow

First of all you don't need a fully synced (downloaded) blockchain to start mining. Just leave it slowly downloading the blockchain in the background. You can speed it up by downloading the blockchain as a package, but this is not necessary.

You see the following line in your Error:
    :"Cannot reassign reward recipient before previous goes into effect: "

It means, that you actually changed reward recipient before and you have to wait 4 blocks until it goes into effect. Just wait for it.

Have you plotted a big enough file you can start mining with blagos miner for example. When you get green lines once in a while it is a good sign.

• @daWallet said in A total mess....:

@CaptainSparrow

First of all you don't need a fully synced (downloaded) blockchain to start mining. Just leave it slowly downloading the blockchain in the background. You can speed it up by downloading the blockchain as a package, but this is not necessary.

You see the following line in your Error:
    :"Cannot reassign reward recipient before previous goes into effect: "

It means, that you actually changed reward recipient before and you have to wait 4 blocks until it goes into effect. Just wait for it.

Have you plotted a big enough file you can start mining with blagos miner for example. When you get green lines once in a while it is a good sign.

Hi thanks, so it was correct what i did in the first place....damn, ok thanks for that one then.
    I currently have the small screen when i clicked "start mining" (default) i also have the pool.burstcoin.de that i am on, should i try a different one? If so, which one?

I plotted 50GB on my laptop, i plan to get some terabyte drives this weekend and plot them as well, for now though i just want to get things running and sorted out, so that i know how to get it all started.

Honestly i am not sure yet how to even start mining with blagos, or how to get it, but i believe something is happening now as it looks fine, i got 3 blue lines on the small screen, is that sounding like it is working?

If i get things sorted out, and i understand then i will be fine on the mining - thanks for your help i was running out of patience with the program 🙂

• admin

@CaptainSparrow
    Start mining (default) starts blago's miner.

Sounds good - seems to work!

After some time you will get a green line if you made everything right. It means that you have found a good enough deadline and your reward will be a share of the next pool payout.

• OK i will watch for the green line 🙂 also leave my laptop on through the night and see what i have in the morning, I have 4 blues at the minute but it seems to be working fine, thanks for the help!!

• OK the mining has been running for several hours, but i have had only 1 green line, should i close the blagos miner and go to the other one AVX? Or CL?

And will the green lines appear more if my plot is bigger, on a terabyte HDD?

Is it ok to close the wallet client while mining is in operation? Or should they both be left running?

• admin

@CaptainSparrow The miner won't make much difference - it's your PoC capicity that does, along with the pool you're on. How big is your plot? And which pool are you on ?

• @haitch said in A total mess....:

@CaptainSparrow The miner won't make much difference - it's your PoC capicity that does, along with the pool you're on. How big is your plot? And which pool are you on ?

I plotted 50GB of my laptop, just until i get a bigger HDD, i wanted to get it set up and know what i am doing first before spending cash on a 4TB HDD -and the pool i am using is the default pool.burstcoin.de - is there a better one for me at the minute?

Also, how do i know if i am being paid from a pool? As i do not think i have had any share or payment yet.

• @CaptainSparrow What matters is your plot size! Bigger plot size equals best DeadLines equals more green rows xD

Use the AVX if the miner says on top that your PC is compatible (should be...) the CL miner is to read the plots using your GPU and it's a faster, but with yours 50Gb you'll not see any difference, you see some difference if you had a lot of HDD plotted...

And you can close the wallet client, you don't even need the client to start the miner, if you starts the miner manually!

• @gpedro said in A total mess....:

@CaptainSparrow What matters is your plot size! Bigger plot size equals best DeadLines equals more green rows xD

Use the AVX if the miner says on top that your PC is compatible (should be...) the CL miner is to read the plots using your GPU and it's a faster, but with yours 50Gb you'll not see any difference, you see some difference if you had a lot of HDD plotted...

And you can close the wallet client, you don't even need the client to start the miner, if you starts the miner manually!

I will try AVX for a while then, thanks for the info!.

• @CaptainSparrow On DE pool i'm not sure how they pay, but you can check the overview of the pools here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KHu9BWwy_QXIYAx2m_Tzs9BqPoTYUDhEDbHihZEXGsE/edit#gid=81124645

• @CaptainSparrow Just checking, have you sent and received a burstcoin through your wallet?

• @socalguy He is mining so he had to do the reward assignment so his account had an outgoing transaction already yes...

• @socalguy said in A total mess....:

@CaptainSparrow Just checking, have you sent and received a burstcoin through your wallet?

Yes the miner is working. Actually i am getting "miner has stopped" if i use AVX so i must use default for now until i get a bigger HDD

• @gpedro yea I saw,

As i do not think i have had any share or payment yet.

and thought I would check. Nvm then. 🙂

• @CaptainSparrow When you run the default it says what your PC supports on the first lines, if AVX is there you can use it!

• Thanks then guys, ..... just waiting for payment now from the pool LOL 🙂 Got nothing there yet.

It says

• @CaptainSparrow I suspect it will take a lot of time until you get some coins with your 50GB, the DE auto Payout is at 150 Burst or 24h after your first burst mined... what is your Burst address?

• @gpedro said in A total mess....:

@CaptainSparrow I suspect it will take a lot of time until you get some coins with your 50GB, the DE auto Payout is at 150 Burst or 24h after your first burst mined... what is your Burst address?

Address is BURST-5D6M-FWWU-TCDS-HBEPK - i will see what i get, i know its only 50gb but when i get my bigger drives if its worth it i will keep on mining 🙂 the blockchain is taking forever to download on local wallet i have to go online.