WARNING about scam assets!

• admin

Some assets turned out as scam, @crowetic posted about that problem.
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.msg14900749#msg14900749
    So beware of scam assets. Better ask here before investing!

• This topic is as important as ever. New assets are popping up every week and many could potentially fail quite fast.
    Remember to do research and do not fail for scammers, it will only fuel their fire and make them scam more people.

Stay secure!

• admin

My personal check list to evaluate an Asset:

1. Date of registration of the Asset Issuer in the forums. Is he new, is he a known active member of the forums?
    2. Can the Asset Issuer show some past work he has done?
    3. Proof of reputation available? Possible e.g. by eBay, Amazon or Social Network Accounts.
    4. Proof of Hardware available? Pictures? Mining Addresses? Pictures can be verified by adding a paper note for example.
    5. Is the Asset overpriced? Crunch the numbers.
    6. Does the Asset have a solid income stream? Is it future proof?
    7. Is the income stream related to the economy outside of the crypto space? (<- AAA Asset 😉 )

This is my personal check list. Not all points have to be approved, but the more, the better.

I would appreciate that you share your own check lists too. Do I miss something, which is easy providable by a legit Asset Issuer?

• @daWallet said in WARNING about scam assets!:

1. Is the Asset overpriced? Crunch the numbers.

Instead of this: Is the asset underpriced?
    If someone says he can make 100 burst a days pr asset and they only cost 200 burst. You are probably looking at a scam

• @daWallet said in WARNING about scam assets!:

1. Is the income stream related to the economy outside of the crypto space? (<- AAA Asset 😉 )

Having shares in different businesses in different countries, that's awesome. That will make Burst an A-class currency around the world.

• Does anybody know how to Delete an asset from your wallet?! I need to remove that scumbag's phony UMine asset out of my sight. Thanks

• @chyna88

First you need to transfer the asset to another purse (create new).
    Only then can the right mouse button - "Remove From Bookmarks".

• You mean create an new wallet, then transfer the phone asset over?...Ok....I'll do it Thanks