Is this setup correct?

• Hello,

excited about Burst!
    I was wondering if you could help me check if I set this up right here on my Mac:

0_1473902047322_Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 3.12.07 AM.png

i followed this awesome post: https://steemit.com/steemit/@cikizan/mac-users-new-to-burstcoin-wallet-plotting-and-mining

i now i should plot a larger diskspace, but was just eager to find out. is that though why i'm not mining any bursts? and did i tell the mining pool all the info so it would pay out any shares to my wallet?

thanks!

• admin

@gustav You're mining with the CPU rather than the GPU - in the properties file, change platformid and device ID from 0 to 1. Otherwise looking good. Now plot some more 🙂

• thanks! just switched to gpu.

0_1473926740404_Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 10.05.15 AM.png

i have to admit that i don't fully understand how i can receive bursts when i mine for the pool. is it set up correctly so that i would get any bursts transferred while mining? or does it just take much longer to see any bursts coming in?

thanks for your help, i'm a total newb

• admin

Strange pool info, it seams, you are mining at a pool, that never found a block?!
    Did you do reward assignment?

EDIT: Your rewardassignment seams ok, but it is strange that the pool is not shown in pool info but your account, maybe jminer could be improved there, please poste your jminer.properties, there is something wrong.
    Please also poste the filename of your plot-file, seams you used the pool numericAccountId as first number in it?!

i have to admit that i don't fully understand how i can receive bursts when i mine for the pool. is it set up correctly so that i would get any bursts transferred while mining? or does it just take much longer to see any bursts coming in?

The pool you are assigned to, provides a targetDeadline, if you find a deadline below that target, it will be committed to pool and you earn shares at the pool ... depending on the amount of shares you will get paid after reaching a fix amount or after ~24h.