Difference in mining speed on 2 computers

• I am mining with 2 computers, both 500GB plots. But I'm seeing a bit different mining stats:

Computer 1: i7-5500U CPU, 16GB RAM
    Thread "C:\Burst\plots" @ 3.5 sec (35.3 MB/s) CPU 45.02%

Computer 2: i3-4130T CPU, 8GB RAM
    Thread "C:\Burst\plots" @ 7.4 sec (16.9 MB/s) CPU 20.30%

As you can see, Computer 1 with better CPU and ram have seemingly better mining speed with the same amount of storage? I'm not sure what these mean though "35.3MB/s" and "CPU 45.02%"

• @kokojie
    The MB/s is the number of megabytes of plot file parsed every second. The reason the CPU does have an effect is that for every nonce (in your case ~205K units) the computer must complete one calculation. This sounds like a ton, but when compared to traditional cryptographic mining it is about a forth of a single percent o(1/400th) f what is traditionally required.

Hope this explains it.

-IceBurst

• This is how fast your miner is reading the plots you set up on your HDD. Most important thing here is how quickly your plot is read. Both of yours (3.5 and 7.4 seconds) are plenty fast. As long as the miner is reading your plot in a shorter amount of time than the average block deadline you are good. Most seem to fall within 1 to 3 minutes.

• @Hotdogler said in Difference in mining speed on 2 computers:

This is how fast your miner is reading the plots you set up on your HDD. Most important thing here is how quickly your plot is read. Both of yours (3.5 and 7.4 seconds) are plenty fast. As long as the miner is reading your plot in a shorter amount of time than the average block deadline you are good. Most seem to fall within 1 to 3 minutes.

I just added a 5TB drive, now it takes over a minute to read all the plots. Does this affect my performance? I seem to still find deadline while the drive is read on every new block. I don't get it, does the plot need to be re-read every new block? why am I still finding deadlines while the plot is re-read.

• @kokojie On the begining of each block is readed 1 nonce per each 4096 not the entire drive... If it takes about 1 minute to read your plots you could make your performance a lot better with the Plot Optimizer... Just optimize your plots and it will read faster... My 330Gb in cloud drives read in about 65 seconds and my local 1Tb USB2.0 HDD reads in 19 sec, so you could make your performance a lot better for sure...

• I second the use of the plot optimizer. I have 4.5TB on a USB 3 external that reads in 18-20 seconds.