11 Hours of plotting 0 percent calculated

• Goodmorning everyone,

I bought a new 8TB usb harddisk, I started plotting with the wallet plotter and after 11hours it still is at 0 percent calculated , is this possible or something went wrong ? (I dont have a descent graphic card thats why I us cpu)

Thanks in advance!

• How many CPUs do you have? Are you plotting them in one go? I suggest you plot them by 200 to 500 GB. It doesn't matter as long as your Drive is plotted even though you have 100 plots. 🙂

• @jynson Open your task manager and see the wplotgenerator proccess, see if this is just consuming RAM or if this process is working (if it's working you will see it working on CPU, then on the Disk, then on CPU,...) If it's iddle just consuming RAM, is because the program run out of RAM so you should cancel that task and run the exact same command again (it will continue from where it stopped) if this presists is because you are using too much RAM on your plotgenerator and you need to lower the stagger (this will make you start over, and you should delete the previous plot otherwise they will be overlapped)?! Any doubt just ask...

• @jervis Thanks for the answer. I read it was faster if all was in one file instead of seperate files. In the plotting menu I can chose 8 core.

@gpedro Thanks for the answer wplotgenerator was only using little cpu power and no ram. I restarted it and now 14% cpu power and 865MB ram , so that seems not to much. I think in my older plots cpu usage was almost 100%.

• @jynson that low CPU usage is most lickely because you are just using one thread of your CPU to plot... Check the last number on your bat or command line, that number is the number of cores you are using, it looks like you have 8 threads... My best setup is use the maximum threads and not more than 75%-85% of my ram! This way you will never ran out of RAM because you have some margin... If you are plotting more than one plot file at the same time you have to be carefull so you could left some free threads for the others wplotgenerator instances...

• @gpedro said in 11 Hours of plotting 0 percent calculated:

@jynson that low CPU usage is most lickely because you are just using one thread of your CPU to plot... Check the last number on your bat or command line, that number is the number of cores you are using, it looks like you have 8 threads... My best setup is use the maximum threads and not more than 75%-85% of my ram! This way you will never ran out of RAM because you have some margin... If you are plotting more than one plot file at the same time you have to be carefull so you could left some free threads for the others wplotgenerator instances...

I'm using the standard plotter in the wallet so I dont have a bat file so I cant change the ram file , I now selected 5 instead of 8, so now the cpu goed up to 65% . So I Think it might be better , but now have to wait probably to see if it's ok in a few hours.

• @jynson Hmm i advise you to use the wplotgenerator instead of that plotter in the wallet... It gives you the ability to mess with the RAM and that will speed up your plot time...

@jynson Hmm i advise you to use the wplotgenerator instead of that plotter in the wallet... It gives you the ability to mess with the RAM and that will speed up your plot time...

I used the wplotgenerator now . Can i check somehow it's working ok ?

• @jynson yes... Open the task manager and see if goes from CPU usage to the disk usage and then CPU again, and then Disk again,...etc

• @pedro Yes thats whats its doing! Thank you very much!

• @jynson so it's working fine... ;P

• @gpedro Thx , I sent you some burst, not much , but some 😉

• @jynson Cool man thanks xD

@jynson yes... Open the task manager and see if goes from CPU usage to the disk usage and then CPU again, and then Disk again,...etc

@pedro I'm back to 14% cpu 2400 Ram and 0% HD. So its stuck again...

• @jervis said in 11 Hours of plotting 0 percent calculated:

How many CPUs do you have? Are you plotting them in one go? I suggest you plot them by 200 to 500 GB. It doesn't matter as long as your Drive is plotted even though you have 100 plots. 🙂

I think I'm going to try it like you suggested afterall.

• @pedro @jervis
    I just saw it's formatted in fat 32 , is that a possibility for the problems ?

• @jynson might be.. but i dont know. all my drives are NTFS. I'm not a very technical guy. I just share what i learn from experience. 🙂

• @jynson Should be NTFS instead of fat32... it's not your system hdd right? you could format it... if it's your system hdd you should be able to plot anyway, everytime you get stuck just end the task and run the same exact bat... Although if you have CPU usage on wplotgenerator task it should not be idle in there, wait a bit and see if it's plotting or not...

• @jynson Yep, @gpedro and @jervis are right, I had the same problem because my drive was fat32 aswell, but formating it to NTFS solved the issue. It's because FAT32 File System doesn't allow you to create files over 4 GB. Just make sure there is no valuable data in the HDD before formating it, as usual ! 🙂

• @Gadrah_ it's a brand New one sophie nog problemen in formatting. Just strenge a 8TB comes in Fat32. Thanks for confirming.