Privacy with Burst?

• Hello fellow Bursters? Burstinos? Whatever...
    Hi guys. Im pretty new to Burst and im kinda searching for reasons why it should be a successful coin over the long term.
    A big point of interest for me is the privacy of the coin.
    In the beginning we thought Bitcoin was private but now we know better, its not. You can recall everything from the blockchain and if you can identify an IP behind the Wallet your privacy is basicly gone.
    Im not saying Bitcoin is gona get hit hard by this, but i think that privacy is a good nieche market for other altcoins.
    Monero for example is a high privacy lvl coin.
    But what about Burst? Is Burst private?
    How much privacy does it realy offer?

If it is, then i will definetly mine and store it. SDD Mining combined with a high level of privacy would make an awesome coin for long term investment.
    So, how is it? Is the Information stored on the Blockchain basicly same as Bitcoin or not?
    Thanks alot for the information and discussion in advance!

• @Xpice first things first - get your spelling of Burst correct in the headline.

• @nimbletoes said in Privacy with Brust?:

@Xpice first things first - get your spelling of Burst correct in the headline.

Please be nice 🙂 I can't answer about how private burst is. And I think BTC showing the blockchain is a positive thing for me since decentralize means it is unmanipulated by private companies or private groups. I can't really tell you how Burst's privacy works but if Monero is private like the way you say it is, I will not get in touch with that coin. Banks are private and they're hacked and they manipulate and things of the sort.

• @jervis said in Privacy with Brust?:

nd I think BTC showing the blockchain is a positive thing for me since decentralize means it is unmanipulated by private companies or private groups. I can't really tell you how Burst's privacy works but if Monero is private like the way you say it is, I will not get in touch with that coin. Banks are priva

I dont mean that Monero is private. Ofc its decentralized and im sorry for some spelling mistakes. Engl is my 3rd language.
    I mean that the privacy level of Monero is high. That means that all of the illegal black market will be using this money do trade stuff outside the law.
    I do not encourage that but its gona drive the price up.

My question about Burst is basicly if you can read the transactions from the blockchain or not.
    You can do it in Bitcoin but cant do it in Monero.
    This point will decide if Burst will be used by the mainstream or not.

• @Xpice i have not seen the blockchain of BTC or Monero but is it something like this for BTC?

0_1474292792485_Screenshot_3.png

If BTC is something like that, do you think MONERO should be the one with the gold standard than BTC because its transaction in the blockchain is hidden? Hmmm.. Interesting thought. I would like to ponder more on this topic.

• admin

@Xpice Burst is a pseudonymous network like Bitcoin and I am not your opinion that anonymity is the killer future for mass adoption of a digital currency.

It is possible that anonymizers will pop up for Burst in the future, but there are no plans to do it on protocol level.

• @jervis I don't think @Xpice says that it should become the gold standard because of anonymity. But he is right when he says that a coin like monero can attract a lot of people because of the privacy it gives. After all, it's the main reason why Monero went through the roof on the exchanges : that anonymity allows it to be used for shady businesses on the deepweb (where billions of dollar circulate, it's more than a niche market).
    So, I think the real question right there is : can Burst be safely used to finance illegal activities ?

• I think Shadowcash is more secure than Monero. Yet, it will depend on which is adopted more. Kind of like the battle between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD.

I also think a transaction between two sides has to be kept private in order to keep anonymity. The problem is, most people want to know where their coins are coming and going. They also want a log of that transaction because if something goes wrong, they want their coins back.

I think Burst and any other coin is as private as I and the other person wants it to be. Just like physical fiat currency.

• For Privacy, I'dont know much about Burst yet, and I'm curious, but Vcash looks an interesting coin for anon.

• @Xpice
    Regarding to privacy Burst have a very interesting feature that are the encrypted messages what means that could give liberty to speach to someone that is in a controlled country, like North Korea or someother like that.

Privacy regarding to people could follow your movements on the blockchain, yes they can but would be very dificult for someone to link an account of yours to your IP, but for be safe you could run only on the local wallet instead of in the online one and use a VPN for extra protection regarding to this issue...

And if you want a transaction to be completely private you just have to pass that transaction through some exchanger, and generate a new Burst Address for each transaction received there...

So regarding to privacy, you could do many things to keep protected... I used to say that privacy protection is defined by your habits... So if you want to be protected you just have to be smart, not use a coin that is smart for you... ;P

• Thank you all very much!
    As i understood Burst has basicly the same privacy level as Bitcoin. A pseudonymous one.
    In Bitcoin there are also sevices like BTC Mixer where you do your transaction threw a third party to make it impossible to trace it.
    Its not like im to stuipid to use them. But the masses are.

I just wanted to know if gov. will be able to track my Burst. Not that im into criminal stuff... I just dont like beeing robbed by the mafia. (Taxes)

Thanks a lot for helping me in my research.
    Wish you well and see you soon 🙂