Post Mining?

• What happens when all the Burst have been mined. How will miners earn then? When is it estimated to happen?

• admin

@iKnow0 Mining and forging blocks will continue for years, over time mining for the transaction fees will become more rewarding than forging blocks. (Forging in this context means finding the winning deadline).

• @haitch from what I can tell 75% of all coins have already been mined, based on my rough ROI calculations it will take approximately 17 months to pay back an investment now in hdd's, add to this the decreasing price of hdd capacity could make it even longer. Don't get me wrong i think the idea of POC is brilliant, but are you not making an assumption that transaction fees will become more rewarding than forging blocks, are the transaction fees due to increase once all blocks are mined? I am new to Burst so just trying to understand it for going forward, again is there any exact date for when all blocks will be mined? I have read the whitepaper which is specific to Spacemint and only references Burst so not much help there, i am basicaly trying to figure out if it is viable to invest now before all the coins are mined.

• admin

@iKnow0 ROI is based on coin price - the coin is seriously undervalued currently - we get the value of the coin up, the ROI drops significantly. As we get more transactions happening via Burst (and there are already a lot), the quantity of fees increase.

• admin

• Thank you both for your quick response. I think the "Burst" has finally dropped 🙂

• @haitch said in Post Mining?:

@iKnow0 ROI is based on coin price - the coin is seriously undervalued currently - we get the value of the coin up, the ROI drops significantly. As we get more transactions happening via Burst (and there are already a lot), the quantity of fees increase.

The last part does not make sense to me. If the price rises, that means that the current balance we hold is worth more and the expense to acquire it stayed the same, that seems that would bring the ROI up. If I spent $10 to create $10 worth of resources, that is a 100% ROI, if I spend $10 and make $20, then my ROI is 200%.

Unless you are talking about moving forward and bringing the price, the cost of mining and plotting, supply and demand and countless other factors in, then there is a whole different way of seeing things. Not trying to argue, just making sure that I am on the same page as you.

• admin

@morantis If the cost of acquiring Burst remains the same - and it does , it's the hardware you mine with, or the value you buy at - and the value of that coin increases, then there is a shorter ROI - ROI in this context meaning the time to recover your initial investment. Taking ROI as profit from your investment, yes - as the value increase the ROI increases substantially. It's all about which ROI we're talking about.

• @haitch Makes sense, it's an acronym hell, lol.

• admin

@morantis So many arguments due to the different interpretation of the same acronym .... Determine Context, and you'll find you're probably agreeing with the guy you're arguing with.

• I had a great explanation on this. And now, I have forgotten it or just lazy to say it again. I need to find that thread. 0.o

• alt text

mrw @daWallet posts a link to a thread you created. 😃