Drive & Plotting Question

• I'm still new and still trying to get a handle on things, I need a little understanding on something with the drives. I originally started with 1TB drive in my system but only approx. 0.3 was plotted the rest remain idle. At the time after it ran for a couple of the days, the payout was 183.something. I then replotted the drive and it created a second plot file, and this time the combined payout was 186. something didn't expect must because of the time lag I had replotting and going off-line, I then added another 3TB drive and the resulting payout was 161.something. It seems that the more drive space I add the worst the payout gets. Is this normal? Again, I'm new so I'm still trying to grasp the pool processes. Thank you.

• admin

@TonyMarq Basically it comes down to luck - the luckier you are with your mining deadlines, the more you'll earn. Which pool are you mining on ?

• @haitch pool us

• admin

@TonyMarq the burst-team pool has a short deadline requirement - you'll do better on the pool.burstcoin.eu pool

• This is a per luck mining. Just like real mining for Gold. You need luck to strik a vein 🙂

• @TonyMarq The best analogy I find to understanding the mining process is like playing a lottery, the bigger your total plot size (buying lots of lottery tickets) the more you will win on average. A small plot size (buying just one lottery ticket) the less you will win on average. But even with a small plot size (just one lottery ticket) you can still with the lowest deadline (winning lottery numbers) . Remember also it is the miner with lowest deadline of all the mining pools that wins, so you could have the lowest deadline of your pool and still not win overall.

• @iKnow0 Thank you for the insight. I'm still trying to wade myself through the entire pooling process. How they determine what, how the selections are made, etc. Can't find much info on it. I did see the video here explaining some of the pool processes but it made some assumptions that we're supposed to know some things about the process, which I do not. One example is the color coding, what do they represent? Individuality, pool sources, locked into a specific pool, etc. The metric info is completely meaningless to me, how can I use it for knowledge or leverage? Anyway, it's an unfolding process that I hope to quickly get down on. Your insight helps clear some things up, thank you pal.

• @TonyMarq this might help clear things up for you. Each color represents a single miner, on the left the current round on the right the historical. There is a learning curve to Burst the same as there is with anything new, we were all in your shoes on one point so worry not you are almost there.

• @iKnow0 I already looked at this and it helped a bit, but still in the dark with much of it. The information assumes I know what a Block, scoop or difference is. It assumes that I determine (as a miner) define the order of when I enter a block (gain, whatever that is.) What does it mean to have the "best time in the pool".? is that related some PC speed? etc.

I can go on, but you get the picture. I feel It's important to have a vocabulary that makes this chart reasonably understandable to a novice, like myself. Some of the guys here have a very good understanding of the chart and how it works. All I know is that one minute I'm in the "current shares" and then in the "historic" position. A process happened that took me from A to Z, and I haven't a clue how. I guess part of my issue is the jargon, which I'm still trying to master. I also have similar issues with interpreting the block data on the plotter (i.e. size mismatch, DL, etc.). Hopefully, over time, this will make sense to me to make it a valuable tool.

Thank you, I really do appreciate all the help I can get.

• @TonyMarq The blockchain (a distributed public ledger) is made up of a sequence of individual blocks. The blockchain keeps growing, all mining pools and "solo miners" compete to create the next block. Who wins the next block is determined by which pool or "solo miner" has the lowest deadline.

Each miner uses the scoop (which is just a number) in conjunction with their plot files to generate a deadline(simplisticly the mining process) . Under the current shares it shows each pool members best deadline (lower is better) you may have many deadlines or none, but only the lowest counts. The lowest deadline of your mining pool is compared to that of the other pools and "solo miners", if it is still the lowest your pool wins the block and gets the burst reward for finding it. The reward is then divided among the pool members.

• Gadrah & iKonw0, I'll review your info later today, have been very busy this morning but promise I'll get through it and let you guys know what I think. I really appreciate the support, you guys are awesome. Thanks again.

• @Gadrah_ Thank you so much, this was extremely informative exactly what I'm looking for,

• @haitch Thank you for the advice; unfortunately, I can't get into that pool. I keep getting an error message about a proxy issue. I finally just gave up on it.

• @jervis I'm just trying yo find a better way into the mine beside blasting. 🙂 Thanks, pal.

• @haitch Once I get through the read (I am persistent) I will get that deadline thing down to a tee. Give me a few days. 🙂