Is solo mining worth it?

• Does anyone know if solo mining is worth it? If it is how do you change to solo mining from pool mining? I have always wondered because I mine with 2.7TB and I usually get between 200 and 250 burst per day. I have only been able to forge a block in my pool once and recieved a payout of 573 Burst. Currently in burst.ninja pool
    Thanks

• Its easy to do but you need a lot of TB to be successful. I would think a little over 30TB might be worth while. But if you want to try it for fun and you might just get lucky when the difficulty is low try this.

You have to set reward recipient to your burstcoin address. Just like when you set up for a pool except you copy and paste your address.

In your mining folder you have have a passphrase.txt with your passphrase listed!

If your are using Blago miner your config should look something like this

{
    "Mode" : "solo",
    "Server" : "127.0.0.1",
    "Port": 8125,

"UpdaterAddr" : "127.0.0.1",
    "UpdaterPort": 8125,

"InfoAddr" : "127.0.0.1",
    "InfoPort": 8125,

"EnableProxy": false,
    "ProxyPort": 8126,

"Paths":["J:\Burst\plots","H:\Burst\plots","G:\Burst\plots","F:\Burst\plots","E:\Burst\plots"],
    "CacheSize" : 40000,
    "ShowMsg" : false,
    "ShowUpdates" : false,

"Debug": true,
    "UseHDDWakeUp": true,

"SendBestOnly": true,
    "TargetDeadline": 4000000,

"UseFastRcv" : false,
    "SendInterval": 100,
    "UpdateInterval": 950,

"UseLog" : true,
    "ShowWinner" : true,
    "UseBoost" : false,

"WinSizeX": 100,
    "WinSizeY": 80
    }

• http://127.0.0.1:8125/rewardassignment.html

can use to set rewardassignment.

• @tross said:

Its easy to do but you need a lot of TB to be successful. I would think a little over 30TB might be worth while. But if you want to try it for fun and you might just get lucky when the difficulty is low try this.

You have to set reward recipient to your burstcoin address. Just like when you set up for a pool except you copy and paste your address.

In your mining folder you have have a passphrase.txt with your passphrase listed!

{

"Paths":["J:\Burst\plots","H:\Burst\plots","G:\Burst\plots","F:\Burst\plots","E:\Burst\plots"],

}

Can I use this if I am just using the Burst client miner?

• I dont think so. What I did was go to Appdata where everything from the client is stored and copy the miner folder to desktop.
    Make your changes and run it from there but your wallet also has to be running just like any other coin solo mining.

you could also google Blago burstcoin miner and download it. If you read in the forums there i probably a link somewhere.

• @mathew
    Latest update for blago and wallet:
    https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/16/burst-client-for-windows-v0-2-6-all-in-one-wallet-plotting-mining

you also need to download the blockchain:
    https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/45/burst-blockchain-ddl-updated-regular-every-24h-zipped/2

you need to keep the local wallet running.

C:\Users\User#\AppData\Roaming\BurstWallet\miner-burst-1.160610

Edit miner.conf as Tross said.

• hi using using Blago miner version --> miner-v1.160610
    my config looks something like this
    and the miner does not start.
    if i change the mode to pool it runs ?

please help thank you

{

}

• Bumping this , as I am trying to go solo mining and I think more people want to have info on how to do it. Basically, I have several Q:

I have downloaded the Blago miner, and I have 4 files to run the miner, one config file, Log and DLL file. In the config I have copied as shown above, and changed the paths according to what is on my computer. I have created a text file 'passphrases' with my passphrase and a 'miningaddress' file with the account ID. When I run it, the miner will wait to get the ip address without mining.

1. Do I have to have my local wallet sync and running in order to mine with blago's miner ?

2. Where do I copy this link http://127.0.0.1:8125/rewardassignment.html ?

• first change "uselog" to false

• @Burstde Done this...same issue. No ip address is shown...still searching for one. BTW the link is down...could that be the problem ?

• @CoinBuster What a day............Have you seen this
    https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/168/is-solo-mining-worth-it/6

I played around with the solo mining today but I think the pool is better because at least you get some type of return for each deadline you find as a pool will give you some percentage of it.

• Yeah, yesterday was interesting with cryptotrading, and here on burst. We both think that pools are better :) I didn't know they give percentage for DL, well...you see...every day we learn something new abut Burst ;)