Your Burst Account is not activate, mistyped, or does not exist???

• I followed all the steps in this video

step by step and I still am having no luck. I got coins from the faucets sent one back and created a name that's visible at the top left along with my ID but i never got a public key. Can someone please help me?

• admin

@Adeptus If you sent a coin - you have a public key - not that you need it. What is the issue you're having ?

• @haitch so i went to write a plot and it says Your Burst Account is not activate, mistyped, or does not exist and im confused cause i thought i did everything i was supposed to do

• admin

@Adeptus writing a plot doesn't even look up your account - it just plots based on your ID. what are the exact steps you're doing to get that error ?

• I just wanna say I appreciate the quick responses! I think I figured that issue out ( I didnt realize on the bottom part you have to put in your ID) but i haven't done it yet cause all of sudden I cant get on my local wallet it wont start like there a java issue. Which doesnt make since because it already worked. I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled java and then installed 64but java and i also follows these steps cause I thought maybe it has something to do with the blockchain...Now I feel like I hit a dead end. Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

• admin

@Adeptus Use the online wallet while you sort out your local wallet issue. If you open a cmd prompt and do "java -version" what do you get back?

• Ok thanks again! is the online wallet secure? Or can it be hacked? cause Im not trying to take any chances. It says

java version "1.8.0_101"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)

• I'm re-downloading the blockchain from the help menu on the wallet. I also installed java directly from the wallet

• also i saw this comment
    limpopo 3 months ago
    try running the sever first. look for run.bat in the wallet folder and run it. this will open a java console. don't close it when it is done and open the wallet again

But i want sure how to run the server if you think this will fix the problem since im on win 10 64bit as well

• @Adeptus said in Your Burst Account is not activate, mistyped, or does not exist???:

Ok thanks again! is the online wallet secure? Or can it be hacked? cause Im not trying to take any chances.

@haitch said in Wallet Security:

@mcchurchmouse As the creator of the primary online wallets, I can assure you your coins are safe. I have access to the wallet - as in the software and encrypted database, but not to any of the accounts on it - they're all protected by your passphrase and there is no way to bypass that. Additionally all communication between your browser/app are SSL Encrypted and unreadable by anyone on the network - including me. The online wallets are as secure as running an instance on your own PC.

• Thanks a lot!!!! I really appreciate the insight! That's good to know! I'm just always worried about putting in all the time and effort into mining and then loosing it all since I've read so many horror stories where that happened.