How about a 1 PetaByte "Farm"?

• Hello guys,
    this is my first post and i have several questions about BURST mining.

I was thinking of a "Mining Rig" with 1PB storage.
    I want to split this HDD to several machines so that every Machine has 250TB.

1. Do i need Internal or External HDDs (is there a difference?)
    2. Is it a good idea to buy a GPU or can i use a Intel Celeron?
    3. Is it a good idea to start mining with that much "power"?
    4. Should i mine Solo or in a Pool? or should i start my Own pool?
    5. is this profitable in your opionion for Long time?

I hope you can answer my questions.

Greetings From Germany / Bavaria 🙂

1. Internal
    2. GPU
    3. I would start small, learn about burst and the problems people sometimes encounter and how they are corrected.
    4. I would love to have you on my pool. haha But at 1PB you're probably best to mine solo tbh.
    5. yes it is.

• @socalguy said in How about::

1. Internal
    2. GPU
    3. I would start small, learn about burst and the problems people sometimes encounter and how they are corrected.
    4. I would love to have you on my pool. haha But at 1PB you're probably best to mine solo tbh.
    5. yes it is.

What is the difference between Internal and External? (except the mounting via USB and SATA obv 😃 )
    i have the chance to get External HDDs a lot cheaper.

do i need "Highperformance ultra speed hdd" or not?

• @agarig hey it doesn't really matter if you have a speedy hdd or not ( storage is all u need )
    unless ur optimizing ur plots bc u might have to do that bc of the large storage u have 😃

• is it petabyte or picobyte? well whatever, one thing is for sure, that's one hell of a capacity.

• @agarig lets see 1pb = 169527 Burst
    go mine solo , 130$ a day
    cheapest 8tb i found is 188$
    u bought 125 of them for ur 1pb drive
    you spent $23,500 on ur drives
    You should get back ur inital investment in 181 days, depending on the mining difficulty
    maybe a year at most 🙂

• @HiDevin His return on investment will be a little longer, reason being the payout for block forging will drop every 30 days and as the number of miners continues to grow the difficulty will continue to increase. If you have use for 1pb post Burst and you can use it for a little bit up front I say go for it....... I'm starting to build an interesting rig in my shop not quite as big but it's a corporate rig that's multiple purpose. I applaud people that build giant machines that are strictly purposed you can be likened to the modern day BTC ASIC miniers, me personally I'm more of an FPGA type guy, either resell the parts when I'm done for 90% of what I paid or easily re-purpose.

-IceBurst

PS> I'll be getting a 1/2pb in my office very soon, don't think I'll get to use it for burst though 😞 I'ts a NetApp E5600 full loaded, with 60, 8TB drives. Oh what a waste to store video files on it.

• @agarig I am thinking to have a similar setup. I have done some research as well. You can have backuppods that can take upto 60 drives "http://backuppods.com/collections/backblaze-storage-pod-6-0/products/backblaze-storage-pod-6-0-kit-60-drive-480tb-storage-server" but can you tell me where you found your 8TB drives for $188?

• @botan take a look in here... you can even buy it with burst throught haitch if the offer is still available xD

http://forums.burst-team.us:4567/topic/1544/cheap-refurb-8tb-drives/24