Plot capacity under-reported by pool...

• Hi guys,

First time poster. I've just got into BURST and loving it so far.

I have a single 8TB drive that I plotted around 11 individual plots using the GPU plotter. I used my GPUs on my main computer to plot to a samba share on my ubuntu server machine.

My question is this:

When I use the AIO wallet miner, or jminer gpu miner on windows, burst-team.us pool shows the 8TB capacity in the right hand column, but my gaming computer is pretty power thirsty so I'm also using https://github.com/uraymeiviar/burst-miner on linux, and as far as I can tell it mostly gets through all the plots before the end of each round, but then the pool only reports that my capacity is 2.1TB instead of 8.

Is this anything to worry about? Am i "losing" my capacity using the CPU miner? is there any way I can confirm that all my plots are being read?

Thanks in advance.

• admin

Blago's miner sends the right value of the capacity to the pool. Uray's miner doesn't do that. The pool only estimates your plot size. It will fluctuate around 8 TB.

Btw: better use the modified version of urays miner by dpreyl. It ads a target deadline.

• @daWallet said in Plot capacity under-reported by pool...:

Blago's miner sends the right value of the capacity to the pool. Uray's miner doesn't do that. The pool only estimates your plot size. It will fluctuate around 8 TB.

Btw: better use the modified version of urays miner by dpreyl. It ads a target deadline.

Thanks for the info.
    I've changed to the modified miner, but pool still only showing 3.6TB now.
    But on my console output, it says it's finished all 11 plot reads.

• admin

@altcryptomining Unless you're using Blago's miner, the capacity is an estimate/guess, and it's only displayed as extra information. It doesn't affect your earnings at all - that's decided solely on the deadlines you submit.