Newbie setting up Burst on Windows 7

• Is windows 7 the best for using burst. I have tried 6 times to install the wallet from github to get started. I keep getting errors. I then went to the main burst site and tried downloading the exe file. Loads then gives me a box about this script isn't work click yes/no to continue that goes through about 20 pages with no luck. In the program from github and after watching this video

. No luck. What am I missing I downloaded the db etc. Please help with a tutorial. I'm new to burst and also semi new to windows, I'm a mac guy and can't get the wallet software loaded on my mac either.

Also can we mine via burst online wallet? If so how?

Thanks!

• @neatcrypto.com make sure you have the latest version of java installed. that might be one of the problems

https://www.java.com/en/download/

• @neatcrypto.com Hi and welcome to the Burst community. If you could post a screen shot of the errors so we can help you further. Which version of java did you install? (there are two the 32bit and 64bit) use the 64bit one. The miner can run independent of the wallet.

• @neatcrypto.com Update your Windows Internet Explorer or don't click on the copy paste of the address. I had this happen too, it is a browser issue with IE.

So you can just download the wallet and start plotting your drives and then point to a pool and change your reward address to that pool. Then you can mine and use AVX. You can also go to the Faucet to get Burst in order to Change your Reward address since it costs 1 Burst. Follow the dialog on the Green Alert too.

• I'm using firefox. was plotting the drive via desktop app last night. Jacked up my beast of a machine and now have to re plot a 2 TB drive.

• 0_1476573544444_Plot.PNG

• @neatcrypto.com Damn bro are you running a 12 core cpu?

• Yup 32 gig ram

• CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 Desktop Memory Model CMD32GX3M4A2133C9
    Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80619i73930K[6/10/2016 Asus P9X79 WS 2011 ATX Motherboard
    NVidia GeForce gtx 950
    Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition CO-9050001-WW 120mm High Airflow Case Fan
    Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    LG Black 14X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 12X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA BDXL Blu-ray Burner, Bare Drive, 3D Play Back (WH14NS40) ... - OEM
    LG DVD Rewritter 24X Internal Drive
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Water Cooler
    Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition CO-9050008-WW 120mm Twin Pack High Static Pressure Case Fan

• @neatcrypto.com Nice system man!

But it looks like you only have a 6 core CPU. You are trying to plot with 12. Back it down to 6 or even 5 if you want to use the system at the same time as plotting.

I'm sure it would error out or never start on 6 phantom cores

Do you plan to optimize?

• This post is deleted!

• @crutsy yeah 12 is ok to set it at, I have the same CPU and use 12, reporting is Threads not cores a 12 Core would be 24 Threads. I get about 10,000 nonces per minute.

@neatcrypto-com The version windows uses always comes from IE so updating that may get rid of the error. I tried to do all my updates and it still didn't help the error though.