___CAT___ miner does anyone know who that is?

• I'm curious as to just how large his capacity is. Anyone know that guy?

• He wins a lot of blocks as does M1/M2, A1 & VAX to name a few, mainly Solo miners i think. Yes it would be nice to see what storage they're using.

• @jervis CAT is 320TB and there are 4 others that are the same capacity. They are over at Burst Ninja I believe. KING PHOENIX and a couple others they all have K_I_N_G underscores. Its a big farm. I just looked and they left the pool maybe solo now?

• @CryptoNick I think there have been some name changes and we now have on ninja.
    P__H__O__E__N__I__X
    B_O_X__2_4
    M_E_G_A__B_U_R_S_T
    LI

All reporting 320TB. What is interesting is that P__H__O__E__N__I__X is consistently the top miner by some margin and hits blocks consistent with 320TB whereas the other 3 feel more like my 50TB in terms of position in the Historic Share Table and Block hitting?

So not sure of the setup but great to have them on ninja. 🙂

Rich

• @RichBC Yeah that is a pretty bad ass rig for sure! I use a 5 Bay Box on USB3.0 for about 20TB, I thought I had a lot of drive money invested until I saw those!

• OMG those people's capacity. Thanks for the info. Im just wondering... 🙂

• admin

Cat or Catbref is the developer of the Ninja Burst Pool Code. Likely it is the same guy. He went silent a year ago but he is still mining obviously.

• @daWallet Thanks good to have a bit of history. Have had a quick scan through the 4 accounts and all 4 of them make a Daily transfer to a non mining account which in turn makes a transfer to R8SQ- which I think is Poloniex.

In the 4 Months since the accumulation account was set up there have been a total of 18M Burst Mined. 🙂

Rich

• @RichBC wow 18million. dang that's rich. 🙂

• Can't even imagine the insane amount of Burst @crowetic is gonna make with the 3PB mining farm haha

• @Gadrah_ Much as I applaud the enterprise in putting together a 3TB Farm, am sort of hoping it does not happen too soon as it will reduce my mining income by 25%......

Rich

• @RichBC it will take a while to plot 3 PB 🙂

BUT, the fact that crow went for the gigant rig is actually beneficial to us all. Not only he gets to stabilize and avoid a potential 51% , but the fact that the coin becomes harder to mine, increases the value of it. So even if you will get 25% less BURST when the time comes, value wise you get the same or even more. There's more than a few reasons he's building this rig, and not of them are profit 🙂 . It sets a whole other, much bigger plan in motion

• @nameless I hope you are right, but so far I find it difficult to see much of a correlation between network size & price?

Rich

• @RichBC what drives BITCOIN's price? mining difficulty and money needed for rigs and electricity. Same for all POW coins. In our case, POC, it's the size of the network that helps drive the price up among other things

• @nameless indeed. This gigantic farm is a smart move.

• @RichBC said in ___CAT___ miner does anyone know who that is?:

@CryptoNick I think there have been some name changes and we now have on ninja.
    P__H__O__E__N__I__X
    B_O_X__2_4
    M_E_G_A__B_U_R_S_T
    LI

All reporting 320TB. What is interesting is that P__H__O__E__N__I__X is consistently the top miner by some margin and hits blocks consistent with 320TB whereas the other 3 feel more like my 50TB in terms of position in the Historic Share Table and Block hitting?

So not sure of the setup but great to have them on ninja. 🙂

Rich

Interesting that since making the observation on the reported Plot sizes they are now showing.

P__H__O__E__N__I__X 312TB
    B_O_X__2_4 43TB
    M_E_G_A__B_U_R_S_T 45TB
    LI 21TB

So not sure if there has been a change at the Miner or the Pool end of things but they all now show TB consistent with Mining results...

Rich

• If the large farm is renting out mining maybe but otherwise could drive the little guy away.

• @tross said in ___CAT___ miner does anyone know who that is?:

If the large farm is renting out mining maybe but otherwise could drive the little guy away.

yep. Just like China did to the smaller guys in Bitcoin. XD But again, if the value goes up, it is just relative to what we have right now. I hope this move will drive the value up or else, (just drive the people away).

• What drives bitcoin price isn't only hash vs diff , it's value is defined in many ways , Innovation Technology , project people backing it and the sentimental value how much do YOU do for you coin ?

• very true @dagentlemang 🙂

that's why in an earlyer post i said crow's farm will drive the price up ''among other things'' . The current price of burst, we all know is not just due to the mining. It has a lot to do with all the great innovations people bring into this platform and community.

what i'm saying is we see eye-to-eye on the matter 🙂