Alias how are they put to use?

• so I just created an alias for my account Id, I'm just wondering what are some ways I can use this Alias and other info about aliases so I can gain some knowledge on the subject.

• @ScorchDojo no one wanna help me out?

• @ScorchDojo Acually i have the same doubt xD I don't know what is their purpose

• @ScorchDojo Taken from NXT Wiki:

The Alias System feature of Nxt essentially allows one piece of text to be substituted for another, so that keywords or keyphrases can be used to represent other things – names, telephone numbers, physical addresses, web sites, account numbers, email addresses, product SKU codes... almost anything you can think of.

For example, you could ask Nxt to associate "search" with "www.google.com". Once this is done, all you have to do to get to Google is type "nxt:search" into a Nxt-capable browser, and it will translate your request in one for "www.google.com".

Immediate applications are simple: you can create an easy-to-remember alias for your Nxt account number, for example. But since the Alias System is open-ended, it can be used to implement a decentralized DNS system, shopping cart applications, and more.

Creating aliases is:

1. A user sends a transaction that states "ThisText = ThatText"
    2. If the alias is to be changed, just send another transaction with a new definition. Only the account that created an alias can change it.

More info here: https://nxtwiki.org/wiki/Alias_System

For now aliases are not really used or useful in Burstcoins, but many things could be created to implement aliases.

• Thanks a lot!

• admin

Moved from OffTopic to HowTo's & Tutorials ...