Mining and Plotting errors

• Hi everyone!

I've been introduced recently to BURST and I've been trying to mine without success. Last error I got from mining was a DL error. It was saying the plots might be corrupt or something. So I noticed that the blockchain was not fully downloaded yet. I've seen a post where I could get the full blockchain downloaded, so I did and followed all the steps. From there on I was not able to start the run.bat file, which was not allowing me to use the local wallet. Is there something I've missed somewhere?

At first, I've tried to plot with the online wallet but failed. Tried with the local wallet and failed again (probably because the blockchain was not downloaded completely) and now I've been waiting for 3 days for the local wallet to download from peers and right now it's stuck at 9/10 of the download (it's been 2 days out of 3 that it's like that). I'm not too sure what to do from now to be honest. If anyone can help me with tips and suggestions it will be much appreciated.

Cordially,

Shbour

• blockchain was not downloaded completely

• You can download the blockchain from here. The instructions are in the thread.

It was saying the plots might be corrupt or something.

• Check the plot folder to see if you have very small plots. Remove them if yes. Then start run Plotchecker.
      • Are you trying to run the miner with gpu or cpu?

At first, I've tried to plot with the online wallet but failed. Tried with the local wallet and failed again.

• Regrading the wallet. Check to see if you have the updated version of Java.

• You can download the blockchain from here. The instructions are in the thread.

• That link is the exact same link I used to download it and followed all the steps that the admin adwallet wrote.

Check the plot folder to see if you have very small plots. Remove them if yes. Then start run Plotchecker.
    Are you trying to run the miner with gpu or cpu?

• The plots were 100GB each (2 of them at the moment I noticed it was failing)
    • It was CPU plotting

Regrading the wallet. Check to see if you have the updated version of Java.

• I've downloaded an updated the Java 3 times on that laptop. First time after fresh install a month ago. Second time after the first time I noticed I could not open the local wallet after transferring the blockchain in the bd folder. The thrid time was Before plotting again on the online wallet.

• @shbour I'm sure you did, but was the wallet closed including in the system tray before you manually updated the blockchain file? How much total are you trying to plot? Which windows are you running? Which Internet Explorer do you have?

• @socalguy It was well closed and yes including system tray. I was making a test at that point but I was trying to plot 500GB in 5 different files. I have 2.5TB to plot overall. I'm using windows 7. My default browser is Chrome but the IE I have is IE 11.

EDIT: I think I found my mistake tho. In the tutorial I watched, the guy was modifying his plot file name so that the second numerical string was 0 for starting nounce. If that was my mistake, that dude doing the tutorial is a fuck face because he made me lose 5 days of mining.

• I too am having plotting problems. I am trying to plot a 5TB drive and have been following the 'Burstcoin documentattion for GNU/Linux by Kartojal' and also have 14 burstcoins. I am now trying to do plotter setup from 'Readme' file from MDCCT Plotter/.../... from 'Bitcoin Documentation by Kartojal'.

Here is the first Linux section of the plotter setup instructions:

Linux

Install the build-essential and g++ packets.
    Install OpenCL (available in the manufacturer SDKs).
    You may have to install the opencl headers ([apt-get install opencl-headers] on Ubuntu).

Modify the [PLATFORM] variable to one of [32] or [64] depending on the target platform.
    Modify the [OPENCL_INCLUDE] and [OPENCL_LIB] variables of the Makefile to the correct path.
    Example:

OPENCL_INCLUDE = /opt/AMDAPPSDK-2.9-1/include
    OPENCL_LIB = /opt/AMDAPPSDK-2.9-1/lib/x86_64

When I enter './gpuPlotGenerator listPlatforms' and run it this is the error message:

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-version.c: 224: _dl_check_map_versions: Assertion `needed != ((void *)0)' failed!

I have done the first and third items from above, but I am new to Linux and don't understand how to set variables or what the above lines mean. Can anyone help with this?
    Thanks