best set up for plotting fast

• HI there,

one more newbie question.

Could you kindly suggest me what is the best set up for plotting large HDD (for large I mean 5 tb) with one plot and 1 stagger, in a reasonable amount of time (for reasonable I mean 24 hours or so).
    Thank you

• @ccminer Hi,
    If by set up you mean hardware, I suggest you to plot with a recent graphic card (with GPU plotter).
    To have the same speed as a recent graphic card with a processor, you will need to invest a lot in a Xeon 2690 or better.

Can you maybe give us more details about your setup/question ?

• @BenBurst said in best set up for plotting fast:

Xeon 2690

How much a Xeon 2690 or better nonce will that get per/min? So it's better to invest on a Xeon Desktop computer like a Server Desktop for Burst Mining and Plotting? I was thinking going that path instead of a i7 intel? What Do you advice?

• @CesBurst1782 said in best set up for plotting fast:

@BenBurst said in best set up for plotting fast:

Xeon 2690

How much a Xeon 2690 or better nonce will that get per/min? So it's better to invest on a Xeon Desktop computer like a Server Desktop for Burst Mining and Plotting? I was thinking going that path instead of a i7 intel? What Do you advice?

In my opinion, invest in a Xeon for mining/plotting is relly a waste of money.
    Get a classic i5, add a decent Radeon graphic card, and you will do your plots "really fast"

Ben

• @BenBurst Got it! Thanks :-)

• @BenBurst thank you for your reply.
    Yes I ment harware.

• @BenBurst I'm using ubuntu and I can tell you that is not clear at all how to use the gpu plotter for linux :(

• @ccminer Sorry bro, I dont use linux for mining, I cant help you on this :(

• @BenBurst thank you for the reply..
    But here just win people it's crazy ehehe

• @BenBurst Hello You mention 'çlassic i5' is that a HP desk top?
    I'm on a HP all in one with windows 10 and plotting is really really slow.

george

• @prettyboy Hi,
    I mention that i5 just to mention a processor, the idea is to plot with GPU (graphic card) instead of CPU (processor).
    HP, Dell, Win7, Win10, all of this didnt change anything.

Ben

• @BenBurst Oh I see, So I need to get a desktop Gaming computer e.g with Intel i5 and say a Radeon R7 360 video card..
    Will it be just plug in and play when you plot?

george

• @prettyboy On windows, there is a GPU plotter with a easy to use graphical interface,
    you will find all informations on the forum :)

• @ccminer
    I am using Uubntu 14.04 and having a few problems setting up plotting to my 5TB drive. Have tried a couple of plotters with only dead ends at errors.
    How are you progressing? Any suggestions you may have would be appreciated.
    Thanks

• Took me about 6 hours to plot a 2TB HDD on a intel dual core with a 970 GTX.

• @vadirthedark what erros you get?

• @ccminer
    I am trying to plot a 5TB drive in Ubuntu 14.04 by following 'MDCCT Plotter/Optimizer/Miner 64bit' by Kartojal 2015 documentation. Downloaded and unzipped software. In plotter dir documentation suggests in Terminal to enter parameter '.gpuPlotGenerator listPlatforms' to obtain platforms # and id. When entered-Getting error:

"Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-version.c: 224: _dl_check_map_versions: Assertion `needed != ((void *)0)' failed!'

This bothered me for many days when I uninstalled 'Using NVIDIA Binary Driver-version 352.79 from nvidia-352 (open source)' and install 'Using NVIDIA Binary Driver-version 340.98 from nvidia-340 (open source). In terminal re-ran './gpuPlotGenerator ...' and did not get any errors. I did not get a 'Platforms ID #'' as expected and required for input into 'devices.txt'.

This is my gpu: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

After no more errors I looked at getting the Platorms ID # with no success. Had problems with nothing in 'Makefile' and 'Devices.txt', etc. Now I have deleted the folders for the software and plotters. If I can find a better gpu plotter I will try again, otherwise I will look at a cpu plotter. I need some direction from those who use linux!
    Thank all for any help.

• @mterrenal said in best set up for plotting fast:

Took me about 6 hours to plot a 2TB HDD on a intel dual core with a 970 GTX.

Wow, that's nearly 4x faster than it took my to play 2TB. I am using the Windows AIO Wallet/Plotter/Miner using an i7-6800k. Is there an option within this to use a GPU for pliotting instead? This rig has 4 MSI RX470's mining ETH but if it is so much faster plotting with GPU, it might be worthwhile to use 1 of them for plotting. If this is integrated into the AIO, can someone explain how to use GPU vs default CPU? If not, what is the best way to get a good, easy to use GPU plotter?

• admin

@GabryRox The gpuplotter is available in the Burst Software section.

quick and dirty guide to plotting: run "gpuplotgenerator setup" - this will allow you to list and configure you devices for plotting. Do display, then configure. Once devices have been configured, run: gpuplotgenerator generate [buffer|direct] filename1 filename2 .......

Plotting can be with direct or buffered - buffered is faster, but direct creates fully optimized plots.

The filenameX takes the format: <accountID>_<start nonce>_<number of nonces>_<stagger>

By using multiple filenames you can plot multiple drives simultaneously. eg:

gpuplotgenerator generate direct I:\17250039689296678890_102973440_11448320_2048 k:\17250039689296678890_114421760_11448320_2048