How fast can this PC plot 8 TB?

• Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
    16GB DDR4-2400 RAM
    GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU
    MSI Z170-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

How fast can I plot 8 terabytes with this potential PC build, for both 2 cores and 3 cores?

Also, does internet speed matter for plotting?

• @xenomorph Fastest plot will be with the GPU, how long depends on your GPU/disk write speed. Internet speed does not matter for plotting.

• It says 1582 MHz.

• @xenomorph

New to burst mining, I have a 5 TB Seagate back up plus.
    I would like to get an approximate time that it will take.
    As stated above, you said "your GPU/disk write speed"
    I used speccy to get processor information and i have this;
    Intel Core i5 650
    Cores 2
    Threads 4
    Name Intel Core i5 650
    Code Name Clarkdale
    Package Socket 1156 LGA
    Technology 32nm
    Specification Intel Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz
    Family 6
    Extended Family 6
    Model 5
    Extended Model 25
    Stepping 5
    Revision K0
    Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, Intel 64, NX, VMX, AES
    Virtualization Supported, Disabled
    Hyperthreading Supported, Enabled
    Stock Core Speed 3200 MHz
    Stock Bus Speed 133 MHz
    Average Temperature 41 °C
    L1 Data Cache Size 2 x 32 KBytes
    L1 Instructions Cache Size 2 x 32 KBytes
    L2 Unified Cache Size 2 x 256 KBytes
    L3 Unified Cache Size 4096 KBytes

Core Speed	Multiplier	Temperature	Threads

Core 0 3191.5 MHz x 24.0 70 °C APIC ID: 0, 1
    Core 1 3191.5 MHz x 24.0 71 °C APIC ID: 4, 5

I want to buy more 3 more drive like this.
    Please advise.

• @kendrew I have a 6 Core with 12 Threads at 3.5 GHz and it gets 10-11K Nonce per minute, just so you can know you will only go lower from where I am at... Most video cards do better.

• fastest way is GPU plot, will depend on power of your GFX card and how fast your hard drive can write..... for me 5TB HDD at 7200rpm conected internal SATA and an older AMD R7 240 card took around 13 hours i think

• as a side note ,, for plot checking #1 plot half the drive check it then plot half the remainder ... and so on ... i ploted everything befor i noticed i needed = space as the plot to check it............. also for you with 16GB checking should not be an issue for me .... hahah with only 4GB ram and running Win 10 .. basicly imposible unless i try and run plot checker at 512MB with an ETA around a year or more

• @Gibsalot Oh and yeah it takes a long time to write plots at 10K filling 4TB 12-15 Hours?

• I have an R9 270x. When I hook up 2x 8TB drives (Seagate), they plot in about a day and a half. I have similar results with 2x 8TB drives hooked up to an R9 280x. They are probably not optimized to the very best settings, but they plot and that is good enough for me. :)

• @CryptoNick said in How fast can this PC plot 8 TB?:

@Gibsalot Oh and yeah it takes a long time to write plots at 10K filling 4TB 12-15 Hours?

yep my GPU is a cheep AMD R7 240 , not the X series or the R9 series ... it plots around 11k -15k depending on if im doing anything else with the comp wile ploting

• @xenomorph nice gamer/eth system

Everyone has better gear than me ugh. Used to use a dual core E5800 less than 1100 nonces a minute so we are talking 4 days to plot 1tb. Working on a newer pc anyways,
    Right now I plot 440gb then optimize (Total 22tb on a good day)

• @Burstde I have R7 200 Series which is doing about 7k-10K per minute. I want to upgrade to R9 480 8GB. Anyone has this GPU and how much nonces/min do you get with this GPU?! I Just finished 8TB and it took me about 2 days and a few hours on top?!?! Need to find a quicker solution if I want to reach my goal of 100TB by next year summer?!

• @CesBurst1782 i hear ya i have R7 200 series as well the 240 model it runs at around 14k -16k a min for me. i just got a new MoBo /CPU upgrade from an old off the shelf gateway 3.2 ghz dual core to an MSI 970a SLI krait ed with amd 8320e 8 core cpu ..... only running 4g ram thats my next upgrade befor i invest in more HDD's

• @Gibsalot Nice! sounds like much faster than what I'm getting on my GPU! I Think anythink over 20K nonces/min I will be happy with that! That's Why I wonder how much nonces does R9 480 8GB GPU gets?! I found one at for $269.99.... Sounds like a good deal for a GPU with that specs!

• running around 14k -16k i ploted 5TB in just over 13 hours , no idea what the R9 is capable of but it def has a much more powerfull GPU with more ram as well.

• @CesBurst1782 AMD Radeon XFX RX 480 8GB will do 20-30K nonces per min over SATA

• @Gibsalot hey i was just looking at that Mob setup on ebay.

Thanks all great information

• @iKnow0 Nice! That's why I want a RX 480! Need to get one soon! Planing to expand my mining farm soon! Currently at 23TB right now! :-)

• @DrTrouble on the 8tb drive do you have one plot then? On mine I have several 440gb's. I recognize the name so you probably are getting more blocks then me.

• @Burstde its not to bad what i like about it is the cpu 8320e is an 8 core cpu but its only 95w compared to all the other 125w or 220w beast i was looking at ... i cant push the limits for long periods of time witch in burst is not an issue unless you are ploting with cpu

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.