Local Wallet now not working

• admin

Can you stop the win client and delete the files in the /burst_db folder?

Then start again.

• Okay, thanks for your help. Doing it now.

• I've deleted the files and burstwallet is stopped.

I presume do whole process again.

• Extracting files to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\BurstWallet\burst_db

• admin

Don't do the whole process again. I expect the same results then.

SImply start the client without a drag and dropped db.zip. Let's see if it starts then.

• Oh sh...

okay delete files again..haha

• Update.

It's working now. But Blockchain is at zero and downloading.

• admin

Thank you very much. Then it is not my problem anymore. 😉
    Why the hurry? Leave it downloading and then you have a working wallet.

@haitch Is there something wrong with the db.zip?

• Thanks I thought about doing that earlier, but at the rate of dl it will be next year. I love BurstCoin so will stick at it.

Thank you kindly for your help. Much appreciated.

• admin

@daWallet Not that I'm aware of - it's zipped up properly, and the wallet that generates it is able to load okay after zipping it. I don't have time to test it at the moment, is some else able to ? Stop your wallet, rename the burst_db folder, create a new burst_db folder and extract the zip into - restart wallet. Any issues ?

• admin

@Baron Try the db.zip again - stop your wallet, download the zip and extract into your burst_db folder overwriting all existing files, then restart the wallet. The blockchain will continue downloading, but there will be < 24 hours worth of blocks to catch up on, instead of several years worth.

• admin

@haitch Maybe not stopping the wallet during copying really destroys the db somehow. Then the local wallet won't start anymore.

• I shall try a fresh extract. There is nothing in the burst_db folder at the moment. Hell,I might as well dl the db folder all over again and give it a go. This time with the client off ofcourse. It may save me a few years. heh.

I'm only working with 1.4 terabytes but if this comes off on the mining, I hope to get more.

I'm not the most pc savvy as I work with macs usually but I like Burst a lot...

• admin

@daWallet I do stop the wallet that generates, zip the db, and then restart the wallet. Sometimes though the stop corrupts the DB, and the wallet won't restart, and the download is bad - but the wallet has started for multiple days in a row without issue, so shouldn't be a bad zip/db.

• Yep, I extracted db into the correct folder.

Same problem with local wallet...wait for 10 minutes notification.

Looks like somewhere along the line something got corrupted but not sure what.

I will delete and just stick with waiting for dl directly from client I suppose.

That's true Burstdedication for ya..

• @Baron I got some time now, how far did you get in the process

• admin

@Baron Maybe it just takes more than 10 minutes. We have to find out why it is not working to improve it. 🙂

• I have to say great support from peeps here.

Thanks.

• Update: I extracted into the folder with client off.

After 10 minutes gained access to Local wallet. The pop up kindly informed me that I had mined ten blocks into a fork.

And even though I have extracted the db into the correct folder, the progress bar is just at the beginning.

It's okay, I can wait..

• @Baron if you are using Burst client Windows v0.3.5, you can mine at the same time.

Now maybe at this point stop your wallet, make a copy of the current burst_db_folder. Label it good. Now extract the downloaded blockhain into the burst_db folder. Startup your wallet and lets see if it works because you should be well into the block numbers