Low earnings since 3 weeks

• Hi there.

The last three weeks i won (on average) 1 Block a day while mining with my 42TB Plotfiles. After looking on the network size the last weeks it should be ~1,8 Blocks a day.
    I use jminer on 64bit-linux and have no overlapping plots. I mine these 42TB within ~26sec and have a staggersize of mostly 50.000.

Now i wondering what could cause such a low rate of winning Blocks. For simply "bad luck" its a far to big timescale in my opinion. So what could be another reason for this? Or could it be just bad luck the whole 3 weeks?

• @piezo said in Low earnings since 3 weeks:

cause such a low rate of winning Blocks. For simply "bad luck" its a far to big timescale in my opinion. So what could be another reason for this? Or could it be j

I would say your sample size is marginal for long term performance evaluation. Could it be bad luck? Sure, are you mining in a pool or solo? If it's Solo then the variance is even higher than pooling.

-IceBurst

• @IceBurst I mine Solo.

• Then I would say 3 weeks is far too short of a time line to determine effectiveness. Keep in mind it's all or nothing for you solo guys. Having said that 20 Blocks in 3 weeks doesn't sound bad to most of us out there in Burst World.

hope this helps.

-IceBurst

• @IceBurst My average Blocks / Day for the this Month is just under 2. I am on ninja but it makes no difference when counting blocks if you are on a Pool or not. I started the Month with 40TB and ended up with 65TB.

So I would say that 1 Block a Day is a little low but probably well within the range for that period of time.

Rich