A Month Mining on ninja

• I have been keeping some records of my mining on ninja (RichG) during October and thought I would share them, along with a few details on my Mining setup.

This was going to be a full Month but with the network problems over the Weekend, then with ninja down I switched to Tross, and now payments have been queued so this is now only 29 days. :-)

System has grown from around 40TB to 60TB over the Month and comprises mostly 4TB & 5TB Toshiba Canvio USB 3 Drives. There are a couple of SATA drives I used for experimenting with plotting and optimising etc and a 5TB network drive that looked like a good buy, but which even with a gigabyte network connection takes 30 seconds to scan, so not recommended.

I run jminer on a Sapphire R9-290X. Time to scan the Drives is 10 Seconds, however I have only just started optimising the drives which I think will reduce the time to 9 seconds.

0_1477990752996_RichG-Mine-0.jpg

Here are the statistics for the Month.

0_1477990855246_ninja-October-Stats.jpg

So a few observations. Mining variance from Day to Day is big, but over the Month the Total is close to the 159,992 Burst predicted by the calculator for 50TB. http://burstcoin.biz/calculator.

Number of Blocks hit also varies wildly from 2 Days with no Blocks to a Day with 8.

Finally a comparison with Mining Solo. I took the Block reward and multiplied by the number of Blocks. Interestingly the number is very close to, but less than the Pool Mined Total despite the 2% Pool fee.

Rich

• @RichBC that is one sexy setup you got there :) i still wait for upgrade to 4TB capacity so it was interesting to see some numbers on higher capacity setups.

• nice and tidy!-)
    and thanks for confirming my "suspicion" about pool mining being the better choise in the end.

• @nixxda With my setup & TB I seem to do better on ninja however if some people are doing better than Solo despite the Pool fee there must be people who are doing worse.

My ability to better the odds is either that the test period is too short or that I have a very fast setup which on short Deadlines will give a small edge?

Rich

• In the same timescale i only hit 30Blocks with my 42TB in solo-mode. So ~16% less capacity with only the half of your earnings. Bad month for me. :)

• @piezo Other than perhaps this is too short a period I cannot explain the shortfall. How long do you take to scan your 40TB?

Rich

• @RichBC said in A Month Mining on ninja:

@piezo Other than perhaps this is too short a period I cannot explain the shortfall. How long do you take to scan your 40TB?

Rich

~25sec

• @RichBC said in A Month Mining on ninja:

@nixxda With my setup & TB I seem to do better on ninja however if some people are doing better than Solo despite the Pool fee there must be people who are doing worse.

My ability to better the odds is either that the test period is too short or that I have a very fast setup which on short Deadlines will give a small edge?

Rich

nah nah, bet you I get more "first miner to submit" in 10 rounds then you!-)

• @piezo 25 Sec is fine, so it must just be down to not enough time for luck / variability to play it's part?

In the Month did you have some good Days or was it evenly bad throughout?

Rich