How Can I Plot on my MacBook Pro (Mid-2015)?

• I have the mjminer downloaded I know how to actually get the miner running but how can I plot my 1TB external HDD? Btw I'm a total noob at terminal and all that so explain to me as I am a beginner.

• First, unzip your mjminer if you have not and navigate to it in a terminal, (use cd, eg cd username cd downloads cd mjminer) Depends where your terminal defaults. (could not have to cd username) Then type "make" and wait a bit. If it errors, post that here. (note that some commands may need to get changed depending on folders and also I don't use mac a whole ton, but I just did this the other day on linux)

I used this https://github.com/robertbiswas/mjminer-Plot-Command-Generator (download, unzip, open index.html with your browser) Then go to your wallet, left click your burst address (looks like BURST, then 4 groups of numbers and letters) and select "Copy Numeric Account ID" then paste that in the box that says "Numeric ID" Then open Finder and navigate to your drive, (not quite sure where a mac mounts to but it could be something like /user/drivename/plots) Make a folder called plots in your drive, and then set the HDD space field to your drive size (not the most accurate for me makes it slightly too large) and your ram to 90% of your ram on your MacBook, and the CPU threads to however cores your CPU has, and leave the beginning nonce. Then hit "Generate Command" and copy that. Open your terminal and cd to the directory you downloaded it (eg cd username, cd Downloads, cd mjminer) then paste the command and it should start plotting.

• I got this error when I typed 'make'. "make: *** [shabal64-darwin.o] Error 1" @Xander52

• @blood Can you post the whole output so I can take a look at that in addition to the error? I had the same problem and wanted to make sure my fix does not need changes for Mac

• @Xander52 --- Compiling for 64-bit arch ---
    CFLAGS=-D OSX -D AMD64 -O2 -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -m64
    as -o shabal64-darwin.o shabal64-darwin.s
    shabal64-darwin.s:30:14: error: invalid character in input

64 “ptr” field (8 bytes)

make: *** [shabal64-darwin.o] Error 1

• Run these commands, they may throw a few errors, but run each one in sequence, then run make again. That should fix it. Each gcc is a separate command so run each one individually.
    gcc -Wall -c -O2 -march=native -o mshabal_sse4.o mshabal_sse4.c
    gcc -Wall -c -O2 -march=native -mavx2 -o mshabal256_avx2.o mshabal256_avx2.c
    gcc -D OSX -O2 -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -o plot plot.c shabal64.o mshabal_sse4.o mshabal256_avx2.o helper.o -lpthread -std=gnu99
    gcc -D OSX -O2 -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -o optimize optimize.c helper.o
    gcc -D OSX -O2 -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DSOLO -o mine mine.c shabal64.o helper.o -lpthread
    gcc -D OSX -O2 -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DURAY_POOL -o mine_pool_all mine.c shabal64.o helper.o -lpthread
    gcc -D OSX -O2 -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DSHARE_POOL -o mine_pool_share mine.c shabal64.o helper.o -lpthread

• @Xander52 still same error message :/

• @blood What did the gcc commands output?

• @Xander52 all errors

• @Xander52 except last one, want me to run it again?

• @blood OK, lets start fresh with a new fix. You seem to be running into a different issue, Delete the folder, and unzip a fresh copy. Open the file called shabal-darwin.s in a text editor, and find the line that says

64      'ptr' field (8 bytes)

then change that to (replace single quotes with double quotes)

64      "ptr" field (8 bytes)

Then try to make again.

• @Xander52 same error

• @blood Did you save the file?

• @Xander52 yes

• @blood Can you paste the line so I can make sure it looks ok?

• @Xander52 --- Compiling for 64-bit arch ---
    shabal64-darwin.s:30:14: error: invalid character in input

64 “ptr” field (8 bytes)

make: *** [shabal64-darwin.o] Error 1

• Can you copy my line instead of typing it, I think your text editor may have formatted it a bit oddly

• it worked, it showed me this... --- Compiling for 64-bit arch ---
    gcc -Wall -m64 -c -O2 -march=native -o mshabal_sse4.o mshabal_sse4.c
    gcc -Wall -m64 -c -O2 -march=native -mavx2 -o mshabal256_avx2.o mshabal256_avx2.c
    gcc -D OSX -D AMD64 -O2 -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -m64 -c -o helper.o helper.c
    gcc -D OSX -D AMD64 -O2 -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -m64 -o plot plot.c shabal64-darwin.o mshabal_sse4.o mshabal256_avx2.o helper.o -lpthread -std=gnu99 -DAVX2
    gcc -D OSX -D AMD64 -O2 -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -m64 -o optimize optimize.c helper.o
    gcc -D OSX -D AMD64 -O2 -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -m64 -DSOLO -o mine mine.c shabal64-darwin.o helper.o -lpthread
    gcc -D OSX -D AMD64 -O2 -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -m64 -DURAY_POOL -o mine_pool_all mine.c shabal64-darwin.o helper.o -lpthread
    gcc -D OSX -D AMD64 -O2 -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -m64 -DSHARE_POOL -o mine_pool_share mine.c shabal64-darwin.o helper.o -lpthread

• @blood Awesome!!! I think your text editor made one of the quotes a upside down one and that broke it a little bit. Move on to the plotting step now.

• @Xander52 yea i don't have that key on my keyboard lol