Your wallet has not started yet

• Hi everybody,
    My wallet was running slowly so I restarted it, went to the local wallet tab, and it told me this:
    Your local wallet hasn't started yet. It can take up to 10 minutes to start up. Try it again later.

If your local wallet doesn't start at all, you have probably no Java installed!
    Download Java here: https://www.java.com/download/
    and then restart the Burst Client.

Debug: Start run_save_mode.bat in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\BurstWallet to see the command line to find the problem.

I waited 10 minutes and nothing so I tried reinstalling (ran install again) but that did not do anything. Before it came up instantly. I do have java (64 bit and 32bit) installed so I do not know the problem.

Any ideas?

• @Xander52 What you should do is first close the program restart the computer to make sure nothing is running in the background. Then right click on your wallet desktop icon and click on "open file location" this should take you to
    "C:\Users"username"\AppData\Roaming\BurstWallet" next go in the burst_db folder and delete all the files.
    After you delete the files close the window and start the local wallet, it should work.
    NOTE: Make sure you don't close the wallet before the blockchain finishes downloading. (After you login you'll see a downloading bar)

0_1478569313301_Untitled.png

Oh, The file is quite large ~10GB so it will take awhile to download.

Cheers, AngryChicken

• @AngryChicken OK awesome. I did try the first fix, then I decided to restart my computer, and then it decided that my thumb drive needed to get repaired before it would boot. I will try that though except I will just download the blockchain as that is way faster

• @Xander52 Downloading the blockchain zip file is sometimes what causes the problem. There should be no rush to get something that works.

• @AngryChicken Oh ok I will just let it download then

• @AngryChicken The download froze on one block, so I tried to restart the wallet and now its doing the same thing again.

• @Xander52 Ok, just delete the files again there must have been an error, keep in mind that some times the download will slow to a halt until it gets it connection back. You can monitor the process in task manager if your using windows it's under the name "Java(TM) Platfrom SE binary".

Also keep in mind that you shouldn't close the wallet until it's fully downloaded. Once you have all this done the next time you open your wallet it will show you the wait 10 minutes page (THIS IS NORMAL). The reason why this is normal is because it's syncing with the network just wait up to 10 minutes (Usually finishes faster unless you don't open your wallet very much) and then ether refresh the page or click the local wallet button to refresh depending on if you are using the app or web browser.

I have seen many people struggle with the process of this I am considering posting a how to youtube video about this topic let me know if that would be helpful in this situation your experiencing.

• @AngryChicken OK thanks. I am fine with no video, but novice users might find it helpful. It is just kind of annoying how it takes a while to try to get a working wallet.

• @Xander52 Ya I hear you, it's not the most user friendly right now but I'm sure that we'll get there or maybe some else will make their version of the wallet that makes things easier. Anyway all the best if you have any troubles the whole community is here to help.
    AngryChicken.

• @AngryChicken said in Your wallet has not started yet:

I have seen many people struggle with the process of this I am considering posting a how to youtube video about this topic let me know if that would be helpful in this situation your experiencing.

Yes, Youtube video would be very helpful, I had the same problem and even with a lot of help from the forum it took some time before fixing it. The more troubleshooting videos for newbees the better. tnx.

• @westcity Ok, I finally made one just editing it now should be up by tomorrow. I'll make a post showing that it's up.