Pool explanation



  • Hello, yesterday I sterted mining on pool.burstcoin.eu and I'm not sure if I understand everthing, my wallet is - Walet x.0.1 - as you can see, my reward is 0.10 for this block is this actual 0.10 Burst which goes to my deffered payouts on pool? 2. I have been mining for couple of hours on this pool and on the riht side I can see still only 1burst in deffered payouts, how often is this updated? And last question - this pool is probably 60/40 - which means that the person who forged the block (have fastest deadline) will get 60% of total burst from it and the rest of people will get the 40% am I right? If yes isn't this really unfair? In another algos like exp,eth the block reward is shared accordingly based of number of shares, if this really works like this the miners with highest hdd capacity will get always mot of block (so maybe is better for smaller miners to go to pools with like 50 people to have the chance to be forger and earn 1500burst for 1 block?)

    Thanks for eplanation

    0_1479127813205_pool.png


  • admin

    @babelis when a pool wins a block, 60% of the reward goes to ALL current miners based on their contribution for this round (the left side), 40% goes to ALL miners based on their contributions over the last 50 rounds (The right side). So if you're in a pool where a lot of blocks are mined, you're getting paid when other miners find blocks. Large miners would actually be slightly better off mining solo, and keeping 100% of the block winnings for themselves.

    The payouts are updated three blocks after the pool winds a block.



  • @haitch said in Pool explanation:

    @babelis when a pool wins a block, 60% of the reward goes to ALL current miners based on their contribution for this round (the left side), 40% goes to ALL miners based on their contributions over the last 50 rounds (The right side). So if you're in a pool where a lot of blocks are mined, you're getting paid when other miners find blocks. Large miners would actually be slightly better off mining solo, and keeping 100% of the block winnings for themselves.

    The payouts are updated three blocks after the pool winds a block.

    oh ok, thanks because this guy explained it differently -

    ,(time 3:15) so for example when I see in my miner deadline confirmed - 1Day 10hours , that means that I will solo miner that current block in 1Day (I will soon have 5tb+ so I will find some info also about solo mining and if it's more profitable...)


  • admin

    @babelis yeah, the video is wrong. The 60% gets apportioned out the same way that the 40% does - by share value on the current round - it doesn't go just to the person that forged the block.



  • @babelis said in Pool explanation:

    (so maybe is better for smaller miners to go to pools with like 50 people to have the chance to be forger and earn 1500burst for 1 block?)

    To forge a block, you have to submit the best deadline of the entire network. So if you have the best deadline, the pool you are on does not matter, you'll win the block anyway. On the other hand, being the best deadline of a pool does not mean you won that block.
    In reality, the difference between pools with many users and pools with less is that you'll win bigger amounts of Burst but less often in the latter. In the long run it rewards basically the same, it's just a matter of personal preferences.