Android Mining - Hype or Viable?

• As disk space increases with each generation mobile device and SD card will mobile device mining ever make sense (cents)?

I've been crunching the numbers and lets just say if the average mobile miner has, say '64gB' available to mine then they're looking at around 160 burst a month on average in mining potential with the current difficulty.

At today's (11/16/2016) exchange rate's (@$720 / BTC & @90 sats / burst) that's about a $0.10USD / month (not even).

Now, why would someone go out of their way to mine with mobile device in this day in age for so little (& at what expense)?

Can anyone provide a reasonable argument for mining with a mobile device here and now or for in the future?

• admin

This is true for today but serious development takes years and I see an entirely other distribution of devices in some years.
    Most of the consumer computers will be on ARM and Android /iOS. Even today it is possible to add external drives to a modern phone - and it will be even more easier and 'normal' in the future.
    If we wait till Windows x86 / 64 Architecture is bleeding out and only used in Office and Industrial environments we will have no solution ready.

I want this coin to be mined by everybody, also in the future.

See: http://maruos.com for example.

• @goodplanets said in Android Mining - Hype or Viable?:

As disk space increases with each generation mobile device and SD card will mobile device mining ever make sense (cents)?

I've been crunching the numbers and lets just say if the average mobile miner has, say '64gB' available to mine then they're looking at around 160 burst a month on average in mining potential with the current difficulty.

At today's (11/16/2016) exchange rate's (@$720 / BTC & @90 sats / burst) that's about a $0.10USD / month (not even).

Now, why would someone go out of their way to mine with mobile device in this day in age for so little (& at what expense)?

Can anyone provide a reasonable argument for mining with a mobile device here and now or for in the future?

Given the rapid progress of mobiles phones, and Moore's law, I think it's promising.

To me, there is potential in connecting smartphones to external drives/networks. It is hard to imagine people using 64GB phone storage for mining. But in 5 years a tablet might handle a 100TB Burstcoin network.

• @nox Everytime I see rapid I think they are talking to me

• @goodplanets @daWallet @nox @rapidfireman For you yes maybe it's not worth it but remember their are phone with two slots for micro sd's, not to mention that micro sd's go up to 256GB currently. I think that the real market for this is over seas where $0.10 USD is a lot of money and doesn't cost anything to get it. That might put food in a family's mouths or provide luxury where they couldn't afford it before. Remember their are no poor people in third world countries mining Bitcoin, if Burst can tap this market and the main consumer market who says it won't surpass bitcoin.

• I think if you take Android to mean devices beyond your phone it's very real. When you consider in the future you will carry your phone as a form of currency to pay for transactions instead of a wallet or purse it becomes very real. So the the response I expect is when is that? That's a great questions but lets look at events that are important.

3000BC - Banking begins
    640BC - First Coins
    7th Century - First Paper Money
    17th Century - Adoption of Paper Money in Europe
    1946 - First Bank Issued Credit Card
    2008 Oct 31 - The Idea of Bitcoin
    2009 Jan 3 - The release of Bitcoin
    2013 Nov 21 - Cyprus' biggest private university accepts Bitcoin
    2014 August 10 - The birth of Burst
    2016 August 14 - First Android Prototype get it's first Deadline
    2016 Sept 27 - First Android TV to Mine Burst
    2016 Sept 28 - Coffee Shop (Terrapi Cafe) considers accepting Burst as payment
    .... The future .....

Who knows what the future holds. I hope to buy that cup of coffee from my local cafe with my Burst on my Android.

-IceBurst

• @AngryChicken if what you are saying about 10 cents a month making a difference then I think the faucets would be drained constantly and faucets are growing with reserves.

• @goodplanets that takes time dedication, they still work i assume lol.

• @goodplanets As far as i know, Android devices accept until 5 HDDs connected at the same time by now, what means that you can easily (when such a feature developped in the Android Burst Client) connect up to 50TB (5x10Tb) mining on a Android and this future i can see happening in a short period of time... So basically with that you will make a really cheap rig (be in cost per device or in eletricity spent daily)!

By the other side there is what @daWallet said, ARM processors are the future because of their low power costs, and i think this is not only the future of personal computers but most of the PC's in the entire world! WE JUST NEED TO BE READY FOR THE FUTURE MAN hahaha

• @daWallet said in Android Mining - Hype or Viable?:

This is true for today but serious development takes years and I see an entirely other distribution of devices in some years.
    Most of the consumer computers will be on ARM and Android /iOS. Even today it is possible to add external drives to a modern phone - and it will be even more easier and 'normal' in the future.
    If we wait till Windows x86 / 64 Architecture is bleeding out and only used in Office and Industrial environments we will have no solution ready.

I want this coin to be mined by everybody, also in the future.

See: http://maruos.com for example.

I agree BURST should keep spearheading this sector of Android devices including tablets.
    The experience this brings is invaluable for future developments not yet conceived.
    I had a few ideas I passed by @daWallet 6 months or more ago and hope someday to see them come to a reality.
    The ability to use the android mining as a marketing tool is absolutely viable as this has the potential to reach across continents to entire nations using just their cell phones as their main device to access the internet. It could bring crypto to entire regions not dreamed of and we need to comprise the tools they need to make crypto a rewarding, beneficial, important part in their lives as an alternative to the status quo which holds power over people and keeps them back from their full potential.

MikeMike