Overlapped plots, Reason?

• Hello tonight I have been plotting my new F: drive and simultaneously mining on my G and C drives, after start of mining I got overlapped error (overlapped are - the first plot on G drive and the new plot on F), I know that it can happen when you are plotting and mining on the same drive but don't know why it happened now, I was doing it like this few times before and everything was ok hmm... I'm using burst aoi wallet plotter and also miner (4gb of ram) To fix this I will need to delete one of these plots and plot again am I right? My question - Why? and How to prevent overlapping (when I want to mine and plot at the same time) Thanks

0_1479471059674_overlap.png

• admin

@babelis at some point after plotting you changed a drive letter - your G: presumably used to be F:

• @haitch said in Overlapped plots, Reason?:

@babelis at some point after plotting you changed a drive letter - your G: presumably used to be F:

oh yes you are right, should I just change the letters manually back, maybe it will fix the error? But why this happened? :D

• @babelis its doubtful that changing the letters back will fix the plots thats already been written. youll most likly have to delete one of the plots, also thanks for mining at my pool XD

• @Lexicon oh god, but why does it happen? before plotting the letters are set and after plotting they just change, wtf? :D yea no problem your pool is great, just recieved 100 burst for 35 min deadline :D

• admin

@babelis Changing the letters won't help - you'll need to replot one of the drives, - I'd delete the plot on G: and replot it - it'll now start with nonce 700000001 - avoiding the overlap.

• @haitch said in Overlapped plots, Reason?:

@babelis Changing the letters won't help - you'll need to replot one of the drives, - I'd delete the plot on G: and replot it - it'll now start with nonce 700000001 - avoiding the overlap.

hmm, so you want to delete the first plot ever created? Wouldn't it cause some problems with nounce string? I was thinking about deleting the new plot which was created tonight on F drive but will better follow your advice

• @haitch please help, I tried to delete the plot created on the F drive and plot again, unfortunately they are overlapped again, I have bad feeling now that every new plot that I will create on drive F will be overlapped with some plot on the drive G (which was drive F before) What are my options? Should I calculate somehow the starting nounce? Thanks

• Ok I managed to fix this - I renamed the drives, I put back the F drive (which magically transferred its name to G before) And set a new name for fake F drive - always check your hard drive names before plotting ! :D

• admin

@babelis That's why I said to delete the one on G:. The starting nonce is the numerical value of the drive letter * 100000000 + 1. F is "6", so the plot wil always start as 6000000001, over lapping the one on G. Either delete the one on G and replot both, or delete the one you restarted, change F to a different drive letter and replot, or use Advanced Mode, and select your own, non-overlapping starting nonce.

• @haitch yes thanks, now I understand better how the nounces work on different hard drives