V2 burst-pool Setup, Need help!!

• Hi, again, I have another problem. I am trying to setup a pool on ubuntu. This is the script I'm using: https://github.com/uraymeiviar/burst-pool I can't seem to figure out how to get it running. I edit the config file as needed. but what else do I need to do? If you know of a better script please let me know, there reed my file is no help, and I could not find any thing on google. Heres my pool's url: http://pool.burstcoin.ml

• do you have node js installed and npm? what does the command window say if yes?

also im currently developing the pool code for uray as its old. should have the new one on github today

also does an admin want to move this to another category. it doesn't really fit in general discussion @administrators

• @Lexicon said in V2 burst-pool Setup, Need help!!:

github

I am running npm v1.3.10, and nodejs v0.10.25.

[email protected]:/var/www/burstcoin_ml/pool/public_html$ nodejs
    > burst-pool.js
    ReferenceError: burst is not defined
        at repl:1:2
        at REPLServer.self.eval (repl.js:110:21)
        at Interface.<anonymous> (repl.js:239:12)
        at Interface.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:95:17)
        at Interface._onLine (readline.js:202:10)
        at Interface._line (readline.js:531:8)
        at Interface._ttyWrite (readline.js:760:14)
        at ReadStream.onkeypress (readline.js:99:10)
        at ReadStream.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
        at emitKey (readline.js:1095:12)
    > 

Where can I find the update, can you post the link. Thank so much.

• try

nodejs burst-pool.js

on one line. its looking like the webserver your on is spliting burst and pool. basically doesnt recognise dashs. if you see the same error enter them in quotes.

also i havnt uploaded the code yet. should be up later on.

• This is the new error.

[email protected]:/var/www/burstcoin_ml/pool/public_html$ nodejs burst-pool.js

module.js:340
        throw err;
              ^
    Error: Cannot find module 'moment'
        at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:338:15)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:280:25)
        at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
        at require (module.js:380:17)
        at Object.<anonymous> (/var/www/burstcoin_ml/pool/public_html/burst-pool.js:4:23)
        at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
        at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
        at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:497:10)
    [email protected]:/var/www/burstcoin_ml/pool/public_html$

Sending you 50 burst for helping. 🙂

• This cropped up lately on my backup server which used to run the pool before without any problems. Which java did you install?
    I use Nodejs v4.4.6

• have you ran npm install from inside the pool folder? Can we set this up on linux? I am trying ubuntu 16 lts and when i do a node or nodejs burst-pool.js i get nothing....

• @AnotherDeadBody I use win server 2008 don't need to run npm

• Do you guys know what this means?

[email protected]:/var/www/burstcoin_ml/pool/public_html$ ./node-v6.9.1-linux-x64/bin/node
    > ./burst-pool.js
    Invalid REPL keyword
    >

• @Burstde java version "1.8.0_111"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_111-b14)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.111-b14, mixed mode)

• Hi guys. I think I made some improvement. here my newest errors, LOL. 😞

[email protected]:/var/www/burstcoin_ml/pool/public_html$ nodejs burst-pool.js
    genesis block id = 3444294670862540038
    current timestamp 1480146216388
    genesis-block blocktime 72423816
    genesis-block timestamp 1407722400388
    genesis base target = 18325193796
    burst pool running on port 8124
    websocket running on port 4443
    Error: listen EACCES
        at errnoException (net.js:901:11)
        at Server._listen2 (net.js:1020:19)
        at listen (net.js:1061:10)
        at Server.listen (net.js:1135:5)
        at EventEmitter.listen (/var/www/burstcoin_ml/pool/public_html/node_modules/express/lib/application.js:617:24)
        at initWebserver (/var/www/burstcoin_ml/pool/public_html/burst-pool-protocol.js:202:9)
        at Object.module.exports.start (/var/www/burstcoin_ml/pool/public_html/burst-pool-protocol.js:262:13)
        at /var/www/burstcoin_ml/pool/public_html/burst-pool.js:236:30
        at /var/www/burstcoin_ml/pool/public_html/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:3694:9
        at /var/www/burstcoin_ml/pool/public_html/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:356:16
    clean
    [email protected]:/var/www/burstcoin_ml/pool/public_html$

• that last error is because you already have something running on one of the ports. try killing what ever application is running on port 80 thats what i have to do

• I GOT IT RUNNING!! {:-) Can I use Apache2 to host the pool? If not wheres the file to change the servers name, instead of using my ip to access the pool. And I would like to thank you all for helping me!

• Never mind about the server name I forgot to port forward to the server. But its up and running, just don't mine on it yet. because its on my test wallet. http://pool.burstcoin.ml

• Okay, I updated the pool's wallet so now I can mine on my pool. The MiningInfo does not seem to be updating on the website. But it shows my miner, so I think its working! And it also showing stuff in the pool's terminal window. Right now I am vary happy! Thanks guys, so much!!

• {:-) I fixed the mining info.

• @tross Thanks, just updated.