I sent BURST to wrong address

• @qibucks

Until someone claims that address there is nothing that can be done they are lost to the chain

Unless you try and claim the address somehow

• @Njcfamily31907 said in I sent BURST to wrong address:

Unless you try and claim the address somehow

If he can do that we are all in trouble......

Rich

• @RichBC I have no idea how to claim it because I couldn't set a password in it..it's screwed, I lost my BURSTS so now I bust out crying, shame but it won't stop me bursting.. I lost it, I lost it..had a bad week of flu and now my Bursts gone missing but it's not the end of the world..I am still alive I guess..

• it can be done since the address is still unclaimed

• @Njcfamily31907 how do I do it/ but I closed the window now where it was..

• @Njcfamily31907 said in I sent BURST to wrong address:

it can be done since the address is still unclaimed

Technically yes but would need the Passphrase and as I said if he can work that out we are all in trouble.....

Rich

• @qibucks I would get the address generator, set that address as my keyword and search for it till i find it and claim it to myself 🙂
    Question: How many burst are we talking about?
    For the future: Save your destination as a contact, I see you missed type it again in this post as you did in the wallet 😉

• well open the online wallet and then click new user
    and go through the steps untill you get into the wallet but NO MATTER WHAT dont do the out going transaction

just keep doing that till you find that account

I warn ya............... youcould be doing that for the next 10 years and still not find that account

• @Njcfamily31907 Lol xDxDxD
    Address generator is lot easier and faster 🙂

• @qibucks said in I sent BURST to wrong address:

I have no idea how to claim it because I couldn't set a password in it

Do you mean that you were "inside" the wallet address that you sent the coins to (BURST-3EVJ-RUMP-EEVR-9J47P) at some point, but you were later expecting it to be sent to BURST-PFTG-3J78-ZMZ7-83R64 (your own address)?

If yes, then there might still be hope. Your account is uniquely tied to your password, meaning that if you type your password wrong, you will "enter" a different account. So, even if you just have an extra space in front of or behind your password, you will be taken to a different account. If this is what happened, maybe you could intentionally try to type your password with that extra space in front or behind and see if you once again are able to enter the "wrong" account?

• @qibucks When you did the send you should have got a message saying that there was no Public Key, something to watch for in the future. The 1 Burst in the Account is mine if anyone cracks the code 🙂

BTW where did the BURST-3EVJ-RUMP-EEVR-9J47P address come from?

Rich

• @Propagandalf yes i was inside the account but when it asked me to send i tried to send it to mine but ofcourse i never had a passphrase to enter..

• This post is deleted!

• @Han-Solo 2 000 000 000 000 years, you're so optimistic man 🙂

• This post is deleted!

yes i was inside the account but when it asked me to send i tried to send it to mine but ofcourse i never had a passphrase to enter..

When you are inside an account, you have already entered a password. Did you manually type the password, or did you paste it?

• Guys.... it's quite huge amount, 18K Burst.
    Curious to see the next story, will the owner be able to take it back? Or @Han-Solo can help him after 2 000 000 000 000 years?

• @Han-Solo said in I sent BURST to wrong address:

@rnahlawi I don't want to be rude. Give man some hope 🙂

What a nice hopeless hope ... wanna cry when I read it.
    By the way, the wallet balance got nice digits of the amount ..... 18,181.82 Burst

This is where it went to:
    Address: BURST-3EVJ-RUMP-EEVR-9J47P
    Txid: 10448866791785183229

Buddy, how did you get that recipient address? Did you intend it to send to someone else, or you wanna send it to your own wallet?
    But wait, the address you mentioned 'should have gone' is your address right? Maybe you generated new address before sending that amount, and you also the only one who knows the passphrase of that address, and maybe "unluckily" you did not save that passphrase.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

• @bitko said in I sent BURST to wrong address:

@qibucks said in I sent BURST to wrong address:

This is where it went to:
    Address: BURST-3EVJ-RUMP-EEVR-9J47P
    Txid: 10448866791785183229

Buddy, how did you get that recipient address? Did you intend it to send to someone else, or you wanna send it to your own wallet?
    But wait, the address you mentioned 'should have gone' is your address right? Maybe you generated new address before sending that amount, and you also the only one who knows the passphrase of that address, and maybe "unluckily" you did not save that passphrase.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

That is exactly what I am trying to find out. Because if that is the case then there are three possible scenarios that I can think of. Qibucks wanted to log into the right account to see which ID he or she was going to send the coins from Poloniex to, but instead created a new account by

1. manually typing the password and accidentally pressing a wrong key. Try looking at your real password and figure out if there is a key that is likely to be pressed wrong when typing it quickly. You could try writing it several times quickly in a notepad document, and see if your wrote something wrong. Maybe this is the password for your "new account".

2. pasting the password, and accidentally including an extra space or two in front of or behind the password. Try using the same type of misspelled password with extra spaces to enter your new account.

3. pasting what she though was the password, but which was instead some entirely different text she had copied after copying her password. Try remembering if you copied something else after your password and before you pasted into the password box.