Shares

• How do shares in burst team pool work. Sometimes, people with less space have more of a share and make better profits. Take HankB. Right now with 94% of the share of the current block. 0_1466530861860_deadline.PNG

But HankB only has 10TB of plots. There are people with larger amounts so how does he have the most shares?

• admin

The current block share is calculated by deadlines confirmed, he got 3min next is 3h.
    The more capacity the better the change to get low deadlines.

• admin

@burn1ngf1re the share is proportional to the deadline in that round. Hankb has a 3 min DL, the next best DL is almost 3 hours, so HankB gets a much bigger chunk of the payout for this round. The historic shares are more in tune with capacity overall, and realize the estimates are not always accurate.

H.

• @luxe said:

The current block share is calculated by deadlines confirmed, he got 3min next is 3h.
    The more capacity the better the change to get low deadlines.

My question then from a curiosity point of view is: "How are deadlines found and how are the lowest deadline found for someone who has a smaller capacity than (for example) someone with a 10TB capacity and that person with the smaller capacity and has the lower time? I hope I phrased this question clearly?

• admin

@abooluqmaan The data created during the mining process, is passed through a mathematical formula to produce the deadline

You can thiink of each nonce as a lottery ticket - someone with 10TB has a lot more tickets than someone with 1TB, and each ticket has the same chance of winning. The bigger miner will win more often, but any miner can get a lucky ticket.

• @haitch So the shares are based on the number of deadlines a miner has won? If so what are the time-frame in which they are calculated on i.e. blocks, days, etc?

• admin

@abooluqmaan The shares are based on your deadline, the better the deadline the better the share. Who ever on the network that has the DL that is reached first, they or their pool wins that round. The Deadlines are measured in time and can be from 0 seconds - the absolute minimum, up to the longest the pool will accept is around 40 hours.

H.

• @haitch How can you get a better deadline besides getting more hard drive space?

• admin

@burn1ngf1re More disk space is the only way. The more lottery tickets, the better your chance of the winning tickets, to improve your chances you need more tickets = more space.

H.

• Thanks haitch, nice reply