I pay you for creating plot files for me

• Yes you are right.... I will pay you if you create plot files for me.

I have so many old HDD lying at home (~200 TB) but with my PC it would take years to plot all of them. SO heres the deal:

You will plot Files for me for my burstcoin adress and I pay you $1 per TB you are plotting. You have to upload them to my google drive account so I can downlaod them from there.

Anybody interested in this deal??

A

• @schnebi said in I pay you for creating plot files for me:

Yes you are right.... I will pay you if you create plot files for me.

I have so many old HDD lying at home (~200 TB) but with my PC it would take years to plot all of them. SO heres the deal:

You will plot Files for me for my burstcoin adress and I pay you $1 per TB you are plotting. You have to upload them to my google drive account so I can downlaod them from there.

Anybody interested in this deal??

A

Nice offer, unfortunately I got only a low spec laptop that can work only max 100GB size plot. It's even taking more than 5hrs using 2 cores CPU.

I wish I could do that, but it seems not possible if you want 1TB for 1plot file. Sorry for that!

• Hi there,

I can give a try with 100Gb to check if upload on your gdrive is not too slow.
    PM Burst address and Gdrive info if your interested :)

Ben

• @bitko It's not neccesary that the plot files have 1 TB eyou may eben make 5 200GB Files

But I only pay you if you uploaded 1 TB ;)

• @schnebi I hate to say this but it's a ridiculous idea. Plotting is the easy bit and I can for instance plot 1TB in 5 Hours, however my best upload speed from Home is 20Mb/s (probably as good as you can get from a domestic location in the UK) and to upload that 1TB would take approximately a Week.

Rich

• @RichBC
    Hi RichBC,
    I have 100Mb/s symetrical, can make sense, depends on the gdrive speed.

Ben

• @BenBurst Is that from a Home or work location? So if anyone wants to plot & upload to Amazon Cloud Drive i will pay $2 / TB.

Rich

• @RichBC Home, FTTH eheh. I got a backup standard line 20/2 just in case :)

Same answer for you Rich, Im okay to do a try on your Amazon Cloud thing details in PM ;)

Ben

• admin

@BenBurst Even at 100Mb/sec, you're still looking at at least 30Hours/TB.

• @haitch Also in practice you can never achieve the maximum, so my guess with real world numbers and a few upload failures you will probably at best get half that. I am far from certain that dedicating your entire upload bandwidth for around 3 Days for $2 makes much sense?

Rich

• @haitch Yeah, can be long even with that speed, but I got 2 lines at home and one at work, I can split plotting and reduce that time by half.
    But in this case its asking me time/ressources etc... not simple as doing it on only one PC/line.

• @RichBC In practice I got 98.7 UP and 99.3 DOWN ;-) For sure that does not make sense for $2 but like I say to haitch with some effort I can reduce that time, I have to think about it.

• @BenBurst That is very impressive however may not be possible to get that when uploading to Amazon Cloud Drive, which also requires that they are done in < 50GB chunks. Have a think as I am still interested in getting plots up there faster than my 20Mb/s allows.

Rich

• @RichBC I think for this idea to work on this scale you would have a coordinate multiple plotters and assign each one a certain plot range and pay them a set amount when the job is complete. Even at the upload speed of @BenBurst it would take 250 day at optimal speed 100% of the time. What you need to do is get 30 plotter assign them 8.3TB Each and make sure that they are all plotting the proper ranges. By doing this you can reduce plotting time to less than 2 weeks.

Just something to consider.

• @AngryChicken Not sure where the 30 x 8.3TB = 250TB came from? I suspect that the multiple plotter approach would then run into other problems with Amazon as their system is bound to detect "unusual activity" resulting in the account being locked.

Just to be clear plotting is not a problem, it's the uploading that is the bottleneck.

I for the moment am running 24/7 with my 20Mb/s and see how that goes. It's slow but has no incremental cost for me. At best I should get 1TB / Week, however I suspect in reality it will be half that?

Rich

• @schnebi I like your idea but i don't like the idea of using google drive?!

Although i have a solution that will work for you... I can do plots for you but i can plot only around 500Gb to 1Tb (depending on my usage of the machines i have at my disposal) per day and do a local FTP and give you the link and password to it, then you just download it at your location... that way i avoid to upload since the files will be in my PC and you can download them directally?!

If you are up to it we can work something out?! Let me know...

• @gpedro
    Using FTP is exactly the same thing as Uploading a file, the difference is just that somoene is downloading a file from you (using your upload bandwith) instead that you upload the file somewhere...

@AngryChicken Hi there, wow, who speack about that amount of data ??? I can give some try with uploading plots but not for 250+ TB, thats crazy.

• @BenBurst It's not exactly the same... my problem is not the bandwidth used, my problem is the time that will take me to upload the files to the google drive LOL
    I had my shares of uploads to google drive since i mine with 20 Google drives LOL

• @gpedro
    When I say "using FTP is exactly the same thing" I mean in term of upload bandwidth, thats change nothing if YOU upload a file or if somoene download a file from you in term of bandwidth use.

Your problem IS the bandwidth, its the bottleneck there.

Ben

• @BenBurst Yes but if i had to upload the files there is the issue of the time that will take for me to upload to the cloud and then the time he will take to download the file from the cloud, and if i set up an FTP locally he can just download from my PC what will take him more time to download but it will be made all at once... Again my problem is not the bandwidth spent because i have unlimited traffic my issue is only the upload to the cloud... If i use the FTP he will download max at 15mbps and if i upload to the cloud i will upload max at 4.5mbps... Theres a big diff in time for me LOL

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.