I plotted and overlapped, then formatted and plotted again...still saying overlapped. Please help

• Hey, I made the error of using the drive letter J to plot two separate drives. When I realized this, I changed the drive letter on one of the hard drives to K. That worked out fine, I'm mining with that drive now.
    I formatted the other drive and then used the drive letter J again thinking there wouldn't be a problem. I plotted with no issue but when I mine, the miner is saying I'm overlapping on 3 files now.
    How can I use the drive letter J without creating an overlapped and can I delete plot files on my computer that say J? If so, where are they located? I don't want to lose the function of a drive letter and just start clean. I will be plotting this drive for the third time now...grr

Am I screwed from using the drive letter J again? Is there a fix...

• Make sure when creating new plots, the starting nonce is behind all other plots.
    Read more about overlapping here: http://forums.burst-team.us:4567/topic/288/plots-101/5

• Doesn't the client recognize my other plots and create the next plot accordingly?

So, if I try to plot using drive letter J: again, I'm gonna get the same overlapping error?

Oh, and I downloaded the plotchecker, can't get it to work. I'm relying on community to help me out as I'm pretty new to to this process.

• admin

@Vanquish It sounds like you changed the drive letter of the original drive J to K - that'll make it overlap with the "new" J drive every time. Move the current J to any other letter, then K back to J - then replot. Changing drive letters is a bad idea when using the AIO - it'll cause you these headaches everytime.

• @haitch said in I plotted and overlapped, then formatted and plotted again...still saying overlapped. Please help:

@Vanquish It sounds like you changed the drive letter of the original drive J to K - that'll make it overlap with the "new" J drive every time. Move the current J to any other letter, then K back to J - then replot. Changing drive letters is a bad idea when using the AIO - it'll cause you these headaches everytime.

Thank you so much for your reply. So I'm using K to mine right now. Can I stop mining with K and change the drive letter to J, then replot the old J with the drive letter K?
    I juts would like to keep things in order.

Basically, can I get away with stop mining with K just changing the drive letter to J then continue to mine or I have to replot both drives?

Now I'm plotting old J as L and I have another plotting as M. If I rearrange K to J, then M to L to keep things in alphabetical order, am I creating a cluster fuck?

Sorry to be a confusing prick but I just need to clarify 🙂

• admin

@Vanquish Yes, the miner will find the plots where ever they are - so stop mining, swap drive letters, resume.

• I just took your advice. Thanks so much for your help deciphering my issue and giving me your knowledge for a swift solution. Much appreciated my man!

• This post is deleted!

• admin

@gumbogumbo It's 256GB, not hjuge in the grand scheme. Why Not start the next plot 256GB after this one, then when everything else is plotted, come back and redo this one ?

• This post is deleted!