ASSET TRADING Guidelines

• Banned

Asset Trading Guidelines:

Ok so this post is due seing how the Asset Exchange is all over the place with trades

First of all, for the life of me I cannot understand all the devaluation of our assets. Why in the world would anyone want to sell lower then the current Asset Issuer's current rate?
    Well, I can think of someone needing instant liquidity, but I say maybe a different approach should be taken, such as, putting an interest post in the Asset's forum topic.
    That way you can let people know that you want to sell, that you are willing to accept a little less, but most of all, you will not be HINDERING the growth of the asset.
    The Asset issuer can continue to sell and further grow/expand on the asset. People stop being selfish and wanting just to make that mininmal micro-profit and let the issuers grow the asset and get you more value in the end.
    Wouldn't you like to sell you asset at 20-30 or even 100s more Burst per instead of selling it for lower?? And at the same time you are getting dividends...

Where should I place my sell orders? How about right below the asset issuer's release price. And I will say this as well to other asset issuers, please give some time to your asset holders to do some free trading for those who are in need. This works both ways guys.

I would like other's opinions and tips on the subject !!

• @Focus I think that the problem is not people making small profits, at the end of the Day a profit is a profit, particularly if it is made in a short period of time.

The problem is people issuing asset blocks at increasing prices which makes it possible for people who bought at the lower price to make a quick profit. If people want to stop this, do as @ccminer has done and issue your additional Assets at the same price.

Bottom line is that this is a free market, don't try and control it.

Rich

• Banned

@RichBC I did that on a couple of my assets putting a higher block so that it can serve as a pricing guideline, once the first block is sold out then it falls on the investors sell orders. Once I need to grow the asset I re-release a block at the original price. Taken from the @ccminer playbook.

Not trying to control it, hence why the title says guidelines. I am tring to point out to people that they can make a lot more but investing the right way in growth assets.

• @Focus said in ASSET TRADING Guidelines:

Not trying to control it, hence why the title says guidelines. I am tring to point out to people that they can make a lot more but investing the right way in growth assets.

That is far from certain, you cannot compare a quick and guaranteed return with a future possible greater return. (Bird in the hand and all that...) Also the people making these quick profits are more than likely to invest in other Assets.

Rich

• Banned

@RichBC said in ASSET TRADING Guidelines:

@Focus said in ASSET TRADING Guidelines:

That is far from certain, you cannot compare a quick and guaranteed return with a future possible greater return. (Bird in the hand and all that...) Also the people making these quick profits are more than likely to invest in other Assets.

Rich

But what I don't get is that it is not a quick return, it's a loss. I'm talking about fixed price assets that have not even made a profit yet for the holder and yet they turn around and sell for less

• @Focus Agreed if there are people taking a "quick loss" 🙂 then I can't understand that?

The examples I see are people taking advantage of an Asset that sells out it's first tranche quickly, then the Asset issuer up's the price, even if that is not really justified as the Asset is still very unproven, and some early buyers take a quick profit.

Can you point at an example of people taking an early loss?

Rich

• Banned

Perfect example was burst4all, people bought in and started selling before the first dividend

• It depends on the strategy of everyone. I'm selling a lot of assets to buy Worldmine, cause I think this is the type of asset that I/we need. For quite some time I was letting some buy orders at cheaper prices waiting for someone dumps. When happened I was selling 80% of this immediately, to take back my Burst. But seeing the potential dividends I've stopped doing that.

What I'm doing right now is selling all my assets from "not verified members" (That haitch verification). This is a particular reason of mine.

• @Focus But surely burst4all is exactly what I was describing? pre-sale at 20, then the Asset issuer put the price up to 25 and the pre-sale buyers sell at 24.999?

Rich

• Banned

@Focus But surely burst4all is exactly what I was describing? pre-sale at 20, then the Asset issuer put the price up to 25 and the pre-sale buyers sell at 24.999?

Rich

Yeah, I remember that. The presale was tiny just to give an added bonus to the early adopters. Didn't figure they would try to resell and not hold on to it.

• Banned

@JotaJota said in ASSET TRADING Guidelines:

It depends on the strategy of everyone. I'm selling a lot of assets to buy Worldmine, cause I think this is the type of asset that I/we need. For quite some time I was letting some buy orders at cheaper prices waiting for someone dumps. When happened I was selling 80% of this immediately, to take back my Burst. But seeing the potential dividends I've stopped doing that.

What I'm doing right now is selling all my assets from "not verified members" (That haitch verification). This is a particular reason of mine.

Yeah, but you didn't sell them right after buying them !!

• @Focus So just looking at burst4all I say again the problem is not the quick sellers but the Asset issuer being greedy with their price hikes, particularily when the Asset is completely unproven. Asset issuer price now up to 40.

I think the question is why would you not sell at least some of your holding if you bought in at 20 or 25? How long is it going to take to get that much back from the Asset?

Rich

• Banned

@Focus So just looking at burst4all I say again the problem is not the quick sellers but the Asset issuer being greedy with their price hikes, particularily when the Asset is completely unproven. Asset issuer price now up to 40.

I think the question is why would you not sell at least some of your holding if you bought in at 20 or 25? How long is it going to take to get that much back from the Asset?

Rich

Ummm, dude, did you really call @crowetic and myself greedy? Or are you just still mad that you didn't get to buy worldmine at 90 so you can turn around and make a micro profit? You seem to be defending the your stance quite adamantly, and that's just telling me that you are one of those who takes advantage of bonuses/prereleases, so I in turn call you out as being greedy.

As for the price being at 40, once again that is a placeholder since the asset release is sold out. Now if you were to read the thread on burst4all you would know that the method ccminer is using has been adopted, sell the release, wait for upgrades, once finished, turn around and release another block.

• I don't think there's need for personal attacks here right?
    Rich is making a valid point which in my opinion should at least be considered. as for me it would make sense for people wanting to make a quick profit, and use this way to do so. that's the way the market works, and has always worked.
    I do support your asset, and bought some shares of Burst4All myself, aswell as Worldmine and hate to see it's growth limited by this, but I think it's a reasonable train of thought for them to do so.
    and if you don't want this to happen, you should find a way to take precautions (Like for example ccminer does)

• @Focus I am sorry these are not micro profits. This is a Doubling in a few Days and it's a certainty with no risk. Yes I am defending because what we see going on here is exactly what happens when there is a new share issue on the Stock market. There will always be those keen to take a quick profit and move on.

Ok Greedy was the wrong word, Sorry. But Asset Issuers should not be surprised, particularly when they pre-announce that future releases will be at a higher price, that some people choose to take advantage of that.

What we are seeing is normal market trading and quick profits are what some people want. In fact we should be pleased that our market is working in that way.

Rich

• Banned

@Focus I am sorry these are not micro profits. This is a Doubling in a few Days and it's a certainty with no risk. Yes I am defending because what we see going on here is exactly what happens when there is a new share issue on the Stock market. There will always be those keen to take a quick profit and move on.

Ok Greedy was the wrong word, Sorry. But Asset Issuers should not be surprised, particularly when they pre-announce that future releases will be at a higher price, that some people choose to take advantage of that.

What we are seeing is normal market trading and quick profits are what some people want. In fact we should be pleased that our market is working in that way.

Rich

Understood. And yes segment growth is also important.

You keep going on about announcing asset prices, concerning burst4all, there was no release pricing stated in the OP. I may be mistaken, and the only incentive was offering a small quantity at 5 less burst for early adopters.

• As far as i am aware. My asset was (still is?) only one that had planned price increase and reason for that increase. Afcourse as all such things it had an asterix explaining that it might change. And because of that i did only 1 planed increase while others that are scheduled will be first analyzed of how asset is doing (mostly since asset hasnt reached big enough capacity to grow faster so further price increase is not viable at the moment). All in all it depends on assets issuer plans and his willingness for transparency 🙂

But again you dont see me complaining that after increase someone is selling his assets and making a quick profit. As someone mentioned - thats how free market works 🙂

• @Focus said in ASSET TRADING Guidelines:

Or are you just still mad that you didn't get to buy worldmine at 90 so you can turn around and make a micro profit?

You are right I did miss out on worldmine at 90. So I made the best of a bad job. Bought twice what I wanted at 95, waited until the Asset issuer put the price up to 100, then sold half at 98.9 giving me a buy price of 91.1

Rich

• Banned

@Focus said in ASSET TRADING Guidelines:

Or are you just still mad that you didn't get to buy worldmine at 90 so you can turn around and make a micro profit?

You are right I did miss out on worldmine at 90. So I made the best of a bad job. Bought twice what I wanted at 95, waited until the Asset issuer put the price up to 100, then sold half at 98.9 giving me a buy price of 91.1

Rich

yes, you made yourself a profit and did ok with that

• Banned

@LithStud said in ASSET TRADING Guidelines:

As far as i am aware. My asset was (still is?) only one that had planned price increase and reason for that increase. Afcourse as all such things it had an asterix explaining that it might change. And because of that i did only 1 planed increase while others that are scheduled will be first analyzed of how asset is doing (mostly since asset hasnt reached big enough capacity to grow faster so further price increase is not viable at the moment). All in all it depends on assets issuer plans and his willingness for transparency 🙂

But again you dont see me complaining that after increase someone is selling his assets and making a quick profit. As someone mentioned - thats how free market works 🙂

Not sure you understood my point, for starters I am not complaining, I am trying to understand. And the point I am trying to make is why sell for less than what you have paid for, example socalfarm, people sold less than what they paid for, it makes no sense.