Xplotter vs GPUplotter direct

• Hi there fellow Burstminers ;)

As far as I understand the Xplotter makes optimized plots in one run, wich means the plots will be optimized and the nonces equal the stagger (did I get this right?).
    The GPUplotter in direct mode on the other hand should make optimized plots too, but the resulting plots don´t have a stagger the same size as the nonce´s, so I think I would need to use the plotoptimizer to get the stagger right.

I am confused about what a optimized plot is.
    Questions:
    1.What is the definition of an optimized plot?

1. What would be the fastest way to generate an optimized plot?Using Xplotter or GPUplotter direct+PlotOptimizer?

System:
    Phenom2 x4 955
    8GB ram
    R9 380 4GB
    Win 7/Ubuntu

thx

• admin

@Daforce Both xplotter and GPU Plotter in direct mode create fully optimized plots, where stagger equals number of nonces.In a non-optimized plot with stagger = 1 the scoops are laid out like :

0 1 2 3 ..... 4095 0 1 2 3 .... 4095 0 1 2 3 ..... 4095

So you have to keep jumping over the scoops between the scoops you're after. eg for reading scopp 3, it's seek to the first scoop 3, read it, seek to the next scoop 3 read it, seek .....

In a fully optimized plot, all the same numbered scoops are laid out sequentially:

0 0 0 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 .... 4095 4095 4095, so no seeking is required, you can just sequentially read all of the scoops you're after.

• @Daforce said in Xplotter vs GPUplotter direct:

1.What is the definition of an optimized plot?

https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/288/plots-101/5

What would be the fastest way to generate an optimized plot?Using Xplotter or GPUplotter direct+PlotOptimizer?

GPUplotter buffer + PlotOptimizer
    in your case - GPUplotter will be faster (but need have free space for optimizations)

• Thx for your help ;)

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.