Running 2 miners on one machine

• I do my mining and plotting on a $325 Dell laptop with 24 HDD connected to one USB 3.0 port. I periodically (once every 2-3 days) get read errors when mining. This usually shuts the miner down, and unless I'm right there, I may not see the problem for hours or even a day. So I decided to split my drives across two miners in on the laptop. If I get a read error on one drive, it only kills half of my mining power. Not an ultimate solution but better than the whole rig going down.

Ironically, half my rig went down yesterday, but the other half was running and I hit a block while the other side was down.

Worth considering IMO.

• Banned

What miner are you running?

• @Focus said in Running 2 miners on one machine:

What miner are you running?

miner-v1.160705, the "Blago" miner.

• Banned

Make a batch file in the miner directory with this as the content:

:begin
    start miner-v1.160705.exe
    timeout 450
    taskkill /IM miner-v1.160705.exe
    goto begin

Run the batch file to start mining and adjust the timeout value to whatever you want. It will automatically restart the miner every xxx seconds

Make a batch file in the miner directory with this as the content:

:begin
    start miner-v1.160705.exe
    timeout 450
    taskkill /IM miner-v1.160705.exe
    goto begin

Run the batch file to start mining and adjust the timeout value to whatever you want. It will automatically restart the miner every xxx seconds

Very cool, I will try it. Thanks.

• @Focus,

BTW, is there an advantage/disadvantage to running miner-1.160705_AVX-i64.exe over the miner-1.160705.exe?

I always run miner-1.160705_AVX-i64.exe because I assume I have an AVX processor (Intel i5) and a 64 bit system.

• Banned

@rds said in Running 2 miners on one machine:

@Focus,

BTW, is there an advantage/disadvantage to running miner-1.160705_AVX-i64.exe over the miner-1.160705.exe?

I always run miner-1.160705_AVX-i64.exe because I assume I have an AVX processor (Intel i5) and a 64 bit system.

If you use AVX then chage the .exe to reflect that, that's why I asked you what miner you were using

@rds said in Running 2 miners on one machine:

@Focus,

If you use AVX then chage the .exe to reflect that, that's why I asked you what miner you were using

Yes, I got that, I was wondering if you knew which of the 3 exe programs in the miner directory was the best to run? I think I know the AMD would be for an AMD processor which I don't have.

Thanks,

• Banned

@rds AVX seems to be the best bet on those CPUs

• admin

@rds

miner - pretty much any CPU.
    miner_avx - generic AVX miner - any CPU with AVX
    miner_avx_amd - AMD CPUs with AVX
    miner_avx_i64 - 64 Bit Intel CPUs with AVX

• @rds I overcome this with a script that checks miner and start it if its not started.

@echo off
    setlocal EnableExtensions DisableDelayedExpansion
    CD "$Path to Miner"
    TASKLIST | FINDSTR miner-v1.160705_AVX_i64.exe > NUL 2> NUL
    IF %ERRORLEVEL%==1 (
    miner-v1.160705_AVX_i64.exe
    )
    endlocal

Modify Path and Miner.exe so fit your settings and save to .bat
    Add task in task scheduler to to run this script at logon and repeated every 30 minutes and start the task.