What is official way to know if you have a good plot? jminer?

• I just started to re-plot all my plots with Xplotter. When I checked on a couple after several days, they seemed to be done but lacked a "plotting finished" type screen. When I attempted to launch Xplotter again, it told me "File is already finished. Delete the existing file to start over." The message could be true, but I have about ~8 machines all re-plotting right now and these 2 seemed to be done quicker than I expected in relation to the other machines.. When I add them to jminer and start to mine on them, they do in fact show the proper plot size (5TB). My question is, if jminer is showing the proper plot size, does this guarantee that the plot size is in fact correct? I know that plotchecker is not sufficient to check an xplotter plot.
    Thanks.

• @DrTrouble ,

I ran into the same question. A few times plotting files after I thought they were done, I move them into my mining folders, then I thought "are they really done"? So what I did was rerun the xplotter on the files, if it said done, delete to start over, I took it that they were valid. A few of my files picked up ncomplete files and started at some midpoint nonce. Also looks like the xplotted does not recognize that a plot made with plotgenerator/optimizer (the old system) is a vilid file and starts to rewrite on top of the file beginning at the 0% mark.

• If your miner is submitting nonces to pool and its not showing errors on the file then you're good to go

• admin

@DrTrouble jminer does not validate plotfiles, the size shown are calculated by the filename, you can set 'debug=true' and jminer will list plotfiles where 'size != filename' ... but xplotter creates kind of empty container file with correct size, so if the content within this file is not finished, jminer will not notice that i guess.

• @rnahlawi,

don't think it's that simple.

If I start 10, 4TB files and write 10 nonces in them then stop the Xplotter. Then if I mine those 10 4TB files, there will be no errors reported and essentially no DLs reported. You think your mining 40TB of plots and your only mining 160KB.

• @rds Not quite sure if this is valid. Once you create plot file (for example 4tb should contain 14819072 nonces) when plotting is interrupted and you start miner, The miner will give name/size mismatch error on that file. When you resume plotting and finish it, the miner will not report that error which means it can read all nonces written on drive.
    However, I think @Blago can give you a better answer

• @rnahlawi nope. When you start plotting, XPlotter creates huge file, which contain a garbage (deleted chunks of yours files). Also after each iteration of writing nonces to file, XPlotter write to plot's stream (see NTFS streams) count of written nonces.
    If plotting interrupted (for example at 1000 of 50000 nonces) - miner will use whole plot, with garbage.
    At first 1000 nonces miner will work fine, but at others miner will produce wrong DL and pool don't confirm it

• @Blago So it will show the error and the user can re-plot .. @rds says it won't and you will mine with lower capacity while you think its higher

• @rnahlawi yes, you will continually get errors

----Fast block or corrupted file?----
    Sent deadline:  XXX
    Server's deadline:  YYY
    ----

• @rnahlawi said in What is official way to know if you have a good plot? jminer?:

@Blago So it will show the error and the user can re-plot .. @rds says it won't and you will mine with lower capacity while you think its higher

I just put an incomplete (3% of 15261024 nonces) Xplotter generated 4TB file into my farm. The miner reports 3725GB (4TB).

After 4 blocks still no errors. The miner thinks there is 4TB of capacity there but there is only 3% of 4TB. I will let it run for a few hours and report back.

Update: 13 blocks no errors.

• @rds i delete 1 plot. create and interupt plotting at 0%
    From miner's log:

18:57:48 Start thread: [0]  H:\plots1
    18:57:48 Read file : 17930413153828766298_604000000_814624_814624
    18:57:48 found deadline=34369 nonce=604181148 for account: 17930413153828766298 file: 17930413153828766298_604000000_814624_814624
    18:57:48 Sender: Sent: POST /burst?requestType=submitNonce&accountId=17930413153828766298&nonce=604181148&deadline=46600090910 HTTP/1.0\r\nX-Miner: Blago v1.160705_AVX\r\nX-Capacity: 198\r\nConnection: close\r\n\r\n

18:57:49 Sender: Received: HTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\ndate: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 15:57:48 GMT\r\ncache-control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate, private\r\npragma: no-cache\r\nexpires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT\r\ncontent-type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8\r\nconnection: close\r\nserver: Jetty(9.2.z-SNAPSHOT)\r\n\r\n{"result":"success","requestProcessingTime":226,"deadline":6428918939691}
    18:57:49 Sender: confirmed deadline: 6428918939691

found deadline=34369
    confirmed deadline: 6428918939691

• @Blago,

OK, 16 blocks and the screen looks clean as can be. No errors.

Here may be the difference. This plot file is on Ninja so maybe (probably) no DL was generated yet. But the point is, there is no immediate indication that the file is not complete.

Unless you're on a pool that accepts huge deadlines, you will never know the file is incomplete.

The only way I see to be sure a file is complete is to attempt to replot a file you think is complete so Xplotter says that it is complete. Then you know for sure.

• @rds I'm add to XPlotter's todo list :
    "add mode verification of nonces in random parts of plot"

• @Blago said in What is official way to know if you have a good plot? jminer?:

@rds I'm add to XPlotter's todo list :
    "add mode verification of nonces in random parts of plot"

This will go a long way to help confirm empty/ incomplete or garbage filled plot files.
    I once had a 13GB plot file that my Phone plotter was reading as 19GB. I decided to delete and re-plot. As I was deleting each 1GB file... the true size was revealed.

I look for to this feature... more grease.