New to Burst..Like it so far but Have some questions :)

• Let me just start by saying I love this platform. Mining seems to be easy but still complicated.
    Day1:
    Plotted 500gb
    Mined 35 hours and gained 17 Bursts.. on team-us
    Conclusion: I am not using enough GB

Day2: Research
    Conclusion: Plot more, look up prices of external hard drives. Change pools.

Day3: Plotted 900gb
    Mined 12 hours on team-us and received 2 Bursts. Changed to burstcoin.eu for the last 5 hours received 0 Bursts
    Conclusion: I have no idea but something is off

Observations:
    I am doing better on team-us where i shouldnt be by theory.
    I am always near bottom of shares and reward list.
    I am gaining more Deadlines on .eu but they seem to be very long.

Questions:
    Does my computer RAM play any factor?
    Time in pool help move me up the list?
    Besides Terabytes is there any other hardware that helps me mine more efficiently?
    Besides Terabytes does location help your pool stats? I am US does team-us help me more than a european pool?

0_1486637332636_upload-7155199b-2855-43cb-8275-c55016a075d6

Please help... If I can figure this out i want to excel 🙂

• @darindarin You're did great already 🙂
    Find a pool with higher deadline than team-us to earn more Burst.
    Check out this post:
    https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/1109/list-of-all-pools-overview
    and this document:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KHu9BWwy_QXIYAx2m_Tzs9BqPoTYUDhEDbHihZEXGsE/edit#gid=81124645

RAM & CPU are not a problem and you have more than enough for your capacity.

Also, refer to http://burstcoin.biz/calculator to give you an estimate on your earnings and note they are per 24 hours. And do not forget that luck is a factor. For big mining rigs, sometimes they hit 5 blocks each day and sometimes they don't hit any block for weeks!

• @rnahlawi Thanks! But where do I find Deadline lists. I feel like I have seen them before but cannot get to them again.

• @bvadams1835 said in New to Burst..Like it so far but Have some questions 🙂:

Go to Burstnation.com

Why does he need to go there? @mahlaei @rnahlawi has provided good links above.

Rich

Sorry @rnahlawi eyesight is fading. 🙂

• @RichBC Rnahlawi 🙂

• @darindarin with 900gb my understanding of it is you're more then welcome to join the burst for all pool where miners under a tb are welcomed .

some really great guys send bonuses to the pool as mining rewards , quite fullfilling

• Every pool has pro and contra

Big Pool (more miners) Contra:

• lower Shares (bigger competition in the pool, so harder to rise the list )
      Pro:
    • more hits (blocks) per day (x = blockHits--> yourShares =+ x * Shares)

--> Small Pool opposite of big pool.

• @darindarin said in New to Burst..Like it so far but Have some questions 🙂:

Let me just start by saying I love this platform. Mining seems to be easy but still complicated.
    Day1:
    Plotted 500gb
    Mined 35 hours and gained 17 Bursts.. on team-us
    Conclusion: I am not using enough GB

Day2: Research
    Conclusion: Plot more, look up prices of external hard drives. Change pools.

Day3: Plotted 900gb
    Mined 12 hours on team-us and received 2 Bursts. Changed to burstcoin.eu for the last 5 hours received 0 Bursts
    Conclusion: I have no idea but something is off

Observations:
    I am doing better on team-us where i shouldnt be by theory.
    I am always near bottom of shares and reward list.
    I am gaining more Deadlines on .eu but they seem to be very long.

Questions:
    Does my computer RAM play any factor?
    Time in pool help move me up the list?
    Besides Terabytes is there any other hardware that helps me mine more efficiently?
    Besides Terabytes does location help your pool stats? I am US does team-us help me more than a european pool?

0_1486637332636_upload-7155199b-2855-43cb-8275-c55016a075d6

Please help... If I can figure this out i want to excel 🙂

try joining m.burst4all.com pool, the max capacity on each miner there is 1TB.

And they give bonuses from time to time.

• Does time in a particular pool have anything to do with ranking .. shares percentage/reward?
    Trying to figure out why 300gb has a better ranking than my 900gb...

I am really interested in learning more...

• Your ranking will shift up and down based on your "historic" shares (DL submissions). Sometimes you might have a bad luck streak and not submit anything great, while another miner might get lucky and have a few good ones in a row. Over the long run though, it all averages out.

• @k.coins to be clear you are saying that staying in the same pool for a long time gaining lots of deadlines will increase your ranking? and jumping pools constantly will not be beneficial? .

ive noticed i get a deadline almost 9 out of ten times (very long times sometimes) in burstcoin.eu and hardly ever get them in team-us.. it feels like i am in a better spot just still very slow even with double the HDD and in a smaller pool.

still on the fence about adding more TBs

• @darindarin said in New to Burst..Like it so far but Have some questions 🙂:

@k.coins to be clear you are saying that staying in the same pool for a long time gaining lots of deadlines will increase your ranking? and jumping pools constantly will not be beneficial? .

ive noticed i get a deadline almost 9 out of ten times (very long times sometimes) in burstcoin.eu and hardly ever get them in team-us.. it feels like i am in a better spot just still very slow even with double the HDD and in a smaller pool.

still on the fence about adding more TBs

Ideally, a DL submitted for every block is the best you can do. If you have enough capacity to get 100% DL submission then that pool will work for you. The historic shares are based on the last x blocks. I want to say x=50 but not sure, may be 30, may/probably vary/ies per pool.

If you see a smaller capacity miner above you in the historic list, it is because they have submitted better DL than you on average for the last x blocks. If they really have less cap than you, they just got lucky for the last x blocks. That luck will even out and the most capacity will get the most share over the long term.

Be aware the listed capacity may not be reality. If someone is mining with 2 machines, only one may be reported,

If you stay in a pool for x blocks and then move to another pool, you will start to accumulate your x block share in the new pool and you will still be able to reap your historic share in the old pool until you end up with 0 share because you didn't submit any dLs for the last x blocks.

• @rds thank you. i appreciate the response

• admin

@rds Historical count for the Ninja style is last 250 Blocks.