Adress changed after login and deposited burstcoin

• Hi, i am having a problem. I entered my phrase into my account, and it gave me a burst address to deposit money into. Then, it said the transaction said completed on Poloniex, but said that i didn't receive anything in my wallet. Then the next two times i signed in it gave me a different address. the third address is now active and works. is there any way i can get money from my first deposit if i have the account number still? Also, it will not let me create a crowdfund. Please help contributing by sending me some burst, as i lost a significant amount of burst throughout this transaction. BURST-RKX9-TBB6-A7YR-CNDZ9

• admin

@alexrbk If you're getting different account addresses you're entering a different passphrase - a single space at the beginning or end turns it into a completely different passphrase

• Instead of creating a new wallet when a passphrase in mis-entered (and people freaking thinking they lost coin) shouldn't something pop up saying..."passphrase is not recognized do you wish to create a new wallet"...or something similar? It would cut down people doing this and asking the same question here again and again. Just seems strange...how many "dead" wallets have been created because of this? Count me in for a few.

• admin

@burst1 I don't think it would change anything. People will swear up and down that they used the same pass phrase, but it's impossible. Wallet address X = pass phrase. Wallet address Y = passphrase + space, wallet address Z = space + passphrase.

I've asked that trailing/leading white space be trimmed out - preventing this user error.

• @haitch said in Adress changed after login and deposited burstcoin:

@burst1 I don't think it would change anything. People will swear up and down that they used the same pass phrase, but it's impossible. Wallet address X = pass phrase. Wallet address Y = passphrase + space, wallet address Z = space + passphrase.

I've asked that trailing/leading white space be trimmed out - preventing this user error.

I guess I disagree...but don't exactly how the tech works. There isn't a single account that I log into with a password/passphrase that makes a new account when there is a typo...I get an error and I figure it out. I realize BURST wallet is a bit different ...but it's very confusing to new people trying to set things up.

• @burst1 said in Adress changed after login and deposited burstcoin:

@haitch said in Adress changed after login and deposited burstcoin:

I guess I disagree...but don't exactly how the tech works. There isn't a single account that I log into with a password/passphrase that makes a new account when there is a typo...I get an error and I figure it out. I realize BURST wallet is a bit different ...but it's very confusing to new people trying to set things up.

I agree, the immediate generation of a new account is bad programming IMO. All these dead wallets remind me of when AOL (anybody remember them?) would let millions of free accounts continue to stand to bulk up subscriber count.

• admin

@rds The account doesn't get "generated". You activate your account and it is counted as a new account when you make an outgoing transaction.

Imagine a universe of trillion accounts and you can claim one with an outgoing transaction.

• @daWallet said in Adress changed after login and deposited burstcoin:

@rds The account doesn't get "generated". You activate your account and it is counted as a new account when you make an outgoing transaction.

Imagine a universe of trillion accounts and you can claim one with an outgoing transaction.

So the stats on .biz for new wallets created per day is only wallets that have had an outgoing transaction?

And the main point...it is still confusing to a new person. Not being critical, just feedback from my own experience as well.