Local wallet always 1-2 blocks behind realtime, solo mining 0 blocks

• I've always had a problem with the local wallet. Today I downloaded the latest version of the AIO 3.8.3 a fresh copy of the blockchain DB. Installed on two different machines, a windows 7 and a windows 10. I get both local wallets to start up and the interface says syncing local wallet 100%, which I assume means the blockchain is current. So I set up two instances of the Blago miner on the win 10 machine and one Blago miner on the win 7 machine for solo mining.

I go out and play a round of golf and come back to see all miners running fine but the blocks being mined are 1-2 behind the pools and the Burstcoin Network page showing the status of a lot of pool and wallets etc.

So how is it possible to hit a solo block when they were already mined a few minutes ago. Wasting my time with solo mining.

I saw the cry on another thread to get miners off the big pools (viz. Ninja) but if my local wallet can't do what the pool wallets can (keep pace with the realtime block count) what's the point.

So, why is my local wallet running, saying it is up to the current block, but it is not?

If someone can tell me how to fix this I will go solo to add my small contribution to decentralize the miner network.

• Well on the all in one wall what it shows in the lower right corner is recent blocks. Which should be 1 block less than current block.
    pools have been forking a lot these last couple days so that might explain 2 block difference.

How many tb are you solo mining with?

• @tross,

80 TB across 3 miners, 2 machines. Both machines are 1-2 blocks behind.

• Payments are delayed at the pools but dont know if that has anything to do with it. Pools are forking right and left so might just be a blockchain problem. have you tried wallet 1.2.7?

• @tross said in Local wallet always 1-2 blocks behind realtime, solo mining 0 blocks:

Payments are delayed at the pools but dont know if that has anything to do with it. Pools are forking right and left so might just be a blockchain problem. have you tried wallet 1.2.7?

Both machines are running 1.2.7

• @rds thats really strange as i never seen mine do that except when i blew up database 😃

I dont know what might be the reason but just in case have you synchronized your system clocks?

Only way i see possibility to see more than one block behind is if multiple blocks are found in rapid success as wallets ui calls api about changes every 30s.

• I dont know then. My pool uses that wallet but we are on current block. Ok we were forked a couple times for a round or two but nothing major since this morning.

• @LithStud said in Local wallet always 1-2 blocks behind realtime, solo mining 0 blocks:

@rds thats really strange as i never seen mine do that except when i blew up database 😃

I dont know what might be the reason but just in case have you synchronized your system clocks?

Only way i see possibility to see more than one block behind is if multiple blocks are found in rapid success as wallets ui calls api about changes every 30s.

Both machine's clocks are in sync. I can't tell you now if the locals are behind because although I have them running, I switch over to a pool. Can't see wasting time solo mining blocks that are already forged. I really did not use the "recent blocks" frame on the AIO to absolutely determine the wallet was behind, but the miner that was using the local wallet to connect to the network. Every time I looked at the current block of the miner, I could flip over to a pool page and see the block had already been forged and the pool was mining the next block, sometimes two ahead.

Not sure if it's a network issue?? My miner usually shows "network quality" @ 100%, sometimes it dips into the 90 or 80% zone, but the DLs keep being confirmed. Not even sure how network quality is quantified?

So bottom line for me as a user is I'm off solo until I see a consistent correlation with my local wallets and the current real time blocks. Like everytime I look for at least 2 weeks.