This doesn't seem right

• Hey guys I bought a new Seagate 8TB external drive that I am currently plotting. My computer has 8 cores and they are all assigned to plot. I have had the plotter running since last Saturday at 10am and it is now Saturday at 6am so it has been plotting for 4 hours less than a full week and the thing is only at 35%.... This seems insane, 2 1/2 weeks to plot an 8TB drive? Does that seem wrong?

Also, I'm using the xplotter that is connected to the AIO wallet. Does that need internet connection when its plotting? Because I saw my internet had a little hiccup a few mins ago and then reconnected but the plotter kept running while the internet was disconnected. Is that going to mess up my plots?

• @Blastbeats Have you ever tried using a gpu plotter?, it shouldnt take longer than 2 days, if you use your gpu, but cpu plotting is pretty slow.
    EDIT: heres the link https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/58/gpu-plot-generator-v4-0-3-win-linux/65
    EDIT2: I don't think you should stop plotting with xplotter though, but if you need to plot faster, try the gpu plotter + xplotter plots optimized plots, so you wouldn't have to worry to optimize after

• @Blastbeats Also, im pretty sure that the plotter doesn't need a internet connection and it shouldn't ruin your plots
    EDIT: can you screenshot how many nounces you are doing in a minute?, it should take long if your plotting at like 2-4k nounces a minute lol

• @Blastbeats seems you have SMR drives, search it at forum

@HiDevin "try the gpu plotter + xplotter plots optimized plots, so you wouldn't have to worry to optimize after"
    maybe gpu plotter with direct mode?

• SMR drives can be plotted fast with buffer mode and GPU plotter, but you have to optimize them afterwards (if you want). I'm not 100 % sure, but I think you will get incredibly slow speeds if you try to plot optimized in direct mode with GPU plotter on SMR drives.