How to mine on large Storage? (100TB+)

• hello guys,

I started to love Burstcoin! In my view it´s an amazing Project and i think about to invest a little in Hardware for mining Burstcoins.

I have some Questions for whitch im unable to find clear Answers for so hopefully somebody in the Community can help me!

After watching some Videos i noticed (tell me if im wrong) thats it seems more effective to use GPU Mining because he scan the Plots faster so the Miner get faster (or more? or not any [if you need to long]) rewards?

Thats not clear so whats the facts?

And that brings me to the most important Question.

Lets say, i build a one Petabyte Mining Rig, its the same or less or more effective to use one Computer to mine trought all this Plots?
    If there is a probably loose of Coins because of time "wasting" its needed to use more PCs?

Somebody have clear technical Instructins and / or Benchmarks regarding this Topic?

After all to be clear!
    For me is important to know IF i build a Big Rig, how to operate it effective?

Or there are maybe simply just no issues and i headache myself for nothing? :-)

Faster plotting is not important as the files gonna be written just one time (no?)

Any facts about Drive speeds? What is the needed speed for a Partition to mine well?
    Is faster "as needed" better?

Hoping for clear Information. I would be happy to join Mining on Burstcoin!

Best Regards

Dan

• admin

@Lausch said in How to mine on large Storage? (100TB+):

hello guys,

I started to love Burstcoin! In my view it´s an amazing Project and i think about to invest a little in Hardware for mining Burstcoins.

I have some Questions for whitch im unable to find clear Answers for so hopefully somebody in the Community can help me!

After watching some Videos i noticed (tell me if im wrong) thats it seems more effective to use GPU Mining because he scan the Plots faster so the Miner get faster (or more? or not any [if you need to long]) rewards?

Thats not clear so whats the facts?

Round times are not constant ... there are fast and slow blocks ... you goal should be to finish a round within ~30-60sec.
    http://burstcoin.biz/charts/average-block-generation-time
    With a lot capacity GPU can assist CPU to be able to reach that times. You do not want your CPU to be bottleneck.

And that brings me to the most important Question.

Lets say, i build a one Petabyte Mining Rig, its the same or less or more effective to use one Computer to mine trought all this Plots?
    If there is a probably loose of Coins because of time "wasting" its needed to use more PCs?

Somebody have clear technical Instructins and / or Benchmarks regarding this Topic?

Depends on the machine you use ... it is possible to mine 1PB with one PC, if you have good GPU and controllers.
    https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/3479/sas-9305-24i-host-bus-adapter/14

After all to be clear!
    For me is important to know IF i build a Big Rig, how to operate it effective?

Or there are maybe simply just no issues and i headache myself for nothing? :-)

On solo mining, you need to maintain your own node, ensure it is on correct chain etc.
    On Pool mining, pools may have downtimes and issues sometimes ...
    In both cases better calculate with 90% uptime than 100%

Faster plotting is not important as the files gonna be written just one time (no?)

Yes just once.

Any facts about Drive speeds? What is the needed speed for a Partition to mine well?
    Is faster "as needed" better?

Every normal hdd is ok (RPM not important) ... you only need to read 0,025% of data every round ...

Hoping for clear Information. I would be happy to join Mining on Burstcoin!

Best Regards

Dan

Hope i could clarify some questions ... I suggest you build a test setup with 10-20TB to learn the details before you go big :-)

• @Lausch said in How to mine on large Storage? (100TB+):

I would be happy to join Mining on Burstcoin!

Were you able to set up a test rig as suggested by the burster cognoscenti a couple of months ago ~ how's it going?