Copying over plot files

• I have some 4TB SMR drives that I really don't want to deal with plotting- so I'm finishing up some 4TB PMR drive plots now that I did with GPUplotter. From what I understand these PMR drive plots are going to be optimized. My questions are-

1. Am I correct that the plots are optimized so I don't need to optimize them?
    2. Can I simply just move the plot files from the PMR drives to the SMR drives through windows or do I need to use something special?
    3. Will the SMR drive be optimized after the file transfer? I am thinking the answer is yes but want to make sure-

Started at 3TB➡️Now at 7TB➡️Tonight will be at 21TB🔜Omw this week to be at 53 TB

1. U can verify with the program Plotter Optimizer if the plots needs to be optimized or not (if u attempt to optimize plots, the program will notify u if it's already optimized or not by stating for example "there is room to organize" (if I do remember good, something I saw when I tried to optimize one of my plots).

2. Yes u can move plots from drives to drives.

3. What is optimized is the plot not the drive.

• @SilverSlonny as far as i know there are only two ways to plott fully optimised , using GPU plotter in direct mode insted of buffer, and using Xplotter witch has been added to the AIO as the defult plotter... if useing any other program u need to run plot optimiser on it , the easy what to check is to look at the file name of the plot , if last two numbers are the same then the plot is optimised , if the last number is smaller than the next to last you need to optimise it.

• @SilverSlonny yes you can litterly just Cut/Paste the plot files from one drive to the next, just be sure to keep track of ending Nonce #'s so that the next plot you make does not overlap.

• when working with large amount of TB's i find it best to make uniform plot files in say a bunch of 1TB or 500gig files , if you do have an overlap issue or one becomes corrupted it makes it east to just delete and replot 1 file insted of a whole drive

• @Gibsalot said in Copying over plot files:

when working with large amount of TB's i find it best to make uniform plot files in say a bunch of 1TB or 500gig files , if you do have an overlap issue or one becomes corrupted it makes it east to just delete and replot 1 file insted of a whole drive.

Would here be any advantage to generating several Plots on an SSD (eg. 1Tb) - then transferring the resulting files over to a larger HHD? Also, how frequent are corrupted plot-files & what causes that?

• @BeholdMiNuggets never used an SSD but i would assume that you can plot faster onto one because the write speeds are better if you have the space on one go for it let us know how it works out. i have never had a corrupted file myself and only heard of 1 such case it turned out to be a bad cluster on the drive. i have however miscalculated and plotted over laping plot's and also had a case where i ran out of space on my C: drive and had to save some files so was easy to delete a 500gig plot save the files and move them to C: after i cleand it out and replotted the one i deleted

• @Gibsalot Thanks.
    Thou I suppose if each HHD only requires populating with Burst-Plot files once, then the initial plot is just a minor part of the long-term equation.

And others have suggested that there is no disadvantage to using 8x 1Tb plot-files for an 8Tb HHD (for example).