Wallet 1.2.8, Error "Block not accepted", how to fix (using Linux) solved

• Hi,

after about 30 minutes i get the message Block not accepted in the terminal. Using the Wallet 1.2.8 I read about it and i tried:

1. New installation of Wallet 1.2.8
    2. Downloading new blockchain
    3. Make ntpdate to synchronize the time

But still with the local wallet i got the message after some time "block not accepted" and then the (solo) mining is stopping of course.

Don't know what to do after trying Step 1-3.

Any suggestions ?

thanks for help

• admin

@BurnMe It is just a info, you can not fix it. Some solo miner or pool out there has not sync. its system time ... so the blocks generated there are not accepted by the rest of the network.

• thanks thanks thanks thanks 🙂 for this explaining answer. I was troubleshooting over hours and now I know its not my fault.

But one more question:

When the Wallet shows "Block not accepted" there is no automatic restart of the wallet. So i restart after 12 hours or more manually.

So is there a way to restart the wallet automatic after the message "Block not accepted" appears. Where to set ? Now my wallet is not working when this message appears an get stuck at the time the message appears.

• admin

@BurnMe In general no restart needed ... the wallet received a block and did not accept it, thats it. Does not mean that you have to restart. The next best deadline will result in valid block.
    If you wallet get stuck, try restart it ... we all see this messages, and my wallets are not stuck ... so there is no relation between the massage and that behavior i guess.

• OK but my creepMiner (Linux) is saying: "can't get block information" . I thought the message block not accepted was the error but now im thinking there is another error causing this message.

I will try on and tell the results :), any more suggestions ?

• @luxe

Hi,

i made a long post with CreepMiner problems, so i decided to post here for the Block not accepted issue.

I don't why but everytime the message Block not accepted appears (really everytime) the wallet get stuck and then after restarting the miner the wallet is alway far behind the actual Block. And the wallet is sending always the same Block (363708) to the miner. The miner takes the Block from the wallet, so after a lot of troubleshooting with Creepsky i don't think there is an issue with the CreepMiner. The wallet gets stuck everytime on that message (on Linux) and I don't know why or what to do to get off this.

And of course i checked my system time several times. I try to pop off some blocks again.

Perhaps somebody is creating Wallet 1.2.9 and can think of this to get off this strange behaviour.

• Hi,

now i poped off some blocks and its working again. But during pop off i alway saw the message "Block not accepted". I think as long the wallet is sending the wrong block and send this wrong block to the Miner the miner send the wrong block for submitting and confirmation back. Anf of course the wallet is saying "Block not accepted" because it is on on the wrong block. So actually the only way to get off this message is to pop off some block until reaching the right actual block. Then its working again.

time is in sync always. Sometimes the wallet get stuck and is alway on the same block until manual pop off. So it would be nice if the Wallet autmatically would make some pop off when the message Block not accepted appears. I think my message is no time sync or information problem that another user is out of time. The message Block not accepted appears because my wallet itsself is on the wrong block.

I don't know why my wallet sometimes get stuck on the wrong block. But when it get stuck there only pop off using solving the problem until the next time this issue appears.

• @BurnMe thanks for troubleshooting this (since majority of people using windows there aint that many who could advice about linux).

@luxe @IceBurst @daWallet someone should know who is working with core and if this is something known/solved 😉

• @LithStud Still i'm new to linux, but all in all its a very good system and better than Windows and i want to mine with Linux and it i think its possible. There are only a fews bugs that can be fixed and then its very stable and smooth with Linux.

I hope someone who really know the wallet and Linux is reading this post and creates a professional solution or can say how to fix this on my own.

With Creepsky and the CreepMiner you have a good support on Linux. He still is working on CreepMiner and you can contact him for solving problems. So from the Miner side for Linux everything is fine.

• admin

@BurnMe The 'Block not accepted' message just means ... you wallets received a invalid block, that is not accepted by you wallet (My experience is, it does not cause wallet to stuck or something). Ensure your system time is in sync to not refuse valid blocks. There was a pool submitting invalid blocks few days ago, but that is fixed now. I did not receive invalid blocks for several days.
    https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/4114/keep-your-system-time-in-sync-please/27

For stable wallet, ensure you run java8 64bit ... check with:

java -version

If it does not say 64bit, it is not ... too less memory can also lead to problems, i guess.

I personally use the 'nxt.wellKnownPeers' from bottom of burstcoin.cc/node ... and 'nxt.usePeersDb=false' ...

Thats all i can suggest to have no issues with wallet.

• @luxe Thanks for your answer, i'm still troubleshooting and just reinstalled Linux, then install Java 1.8 64 bit and checked the version as you said with java -version. It seems to look fine. Even i checked the system time and its in sync. And then in checked the time setting in my router (TP Link) and i saw that the router was exactly one hour behind my local system time because the router software doesn't know the summertime, so it forgot to set the right router time. I changed the the router time and added ntp server for additional time sync in the router config.

• admin

@BurnMe said in Wallet 1.2.8, Error "Block not accepted", how to fix (using Linux) ?:

... why does the wallet then start on the wrong block (behind the actuall) ..

I do not understand what you exactly mean, the wallet should start with the last valid block it got and than sync up to current. Pop off blocks should only be needed if your are on the wrong fork and you want to return to before the fork happens. To go back on right track ...

... do you think the CreepMiner gets stuck over the message. I made a chat with Creepsky but we couldn't find a real solution for this behaviour.

I do not know how creepMiner is implemented ( @Creepsky ), but i guess the miner just requests the mining info from wallet and thats all ... so miner should never stuck ... if somethings stuck it would be the wallet.
    If you pop off blocks or restart the wallet or sync blockchain etc. always shut down miner before and re-start if wallet is fine and in sync again.

Edit: if you system time was out of sync due to your router ... that would explain all your issues. As you would have rejected legit blocks all the time.

• @LithStud said in Wallet 1.2.8, Error "Block not accepted", how to fix (using Linux) ?:

@BurnMe thanks for troubleshooting this (since majority of people using windows there aint that many who could advice about linux).

@luxe @IceBurst @daWallet someone should know who is working with core and if this is something known/solved 😉

It's not an issue we are addressing, actually its not something we could fix unless we force NTP syncs at the start of the wallet (feature enhancement). @Luxe is right, it's just information that your system rejected a block that was sent by another peer because of an invalid time stamp, normally it's from someone who has their clock ahead in time and your wallet think the block is from the future.

As for core development there will be no feature enhancements by the current unless something changes. I have been black listed from the holder of the account and the others have not been paid as I requested.

Sorry I can't be of more help,

-IceBurst

• @IceBurst no problem 🙂 i mostly mentioned all the people since as i understood his client would get stuck anytime that message is show (i do know of instances when API gets stuck up to the point where client reports error 500 couldnt send response).

• @luxe

... why does the wallet then start on the wrong block (behind the actuall) ..

I mean that when the message block not accepted the Miner stops mining without any message. I tell you step by step what happend and what i mean at all.

1. Step
      The message "Block not accepted" appears on the wallet terminal

2.Step
    At exact the time the message "Block not accepted" is appearing the miner get stuck and stop mining without any message or error log

3.Step
    I shut down the miner by ctrl +c

1. Step
      I shut down the wallet by ctrl +c

2. Step
      I restart the wallet

6.Step
    i restart the miner

7.Step
    The miner starts without problems but its mining on the wrong block. The block is far behind the actuell block and i don't know why.

8.Step
    Restarting the miner and the wallet doesn't have any effect. The miner starts always with the wrong block. And even it's always the same block.

9.Step
    Made pop off some block. Then restart wallet and miner and then the miner the first time is starting again with the right block.

10.Step
    I know that the blockchain needs time to get in sync but after the message block not accepted i could wait for hours and the miner starts on the block behind, so this is not the solution.

• admin

@BurnMe
    I have no experience with creepMiner, how do you know it get stuck? ... it will only do something once a new round starts.
    Did you see the wallet is behind actual block at all? Do not look at the logs of wallet, look into gui. And do not shut down wallet just because a few minutes no new block.
    Last thing i could suggest, forget about the miner. First get your wallet running ... maybe enable debug logs in wallet to find out what the issue is ... seams to have something to do with your environment. Once your wallet is running ... you can focus on miner ...

• admin

@IceBurst Glad i'm not part of that bn mess ... however, there is no official burst core dev team whatever ... clone, implement, release ... the ones running the nodes will decide witch development to follow ... i personally would run nothing bn involved ... Serious devs will follow the right clone ...

Edit: if i say bn, i mainly talk about the ones making them self titles and behave like they are in any kind of leading position, while they are not.

• @luxe said in Wallet 1.2.8, Error "Block not accepted", how to fix (using Linux) ?:

@IceBurst Glad i'm not part of that bn mess ... however, there is no official burst core dev team whatever ... clone, implement, release ... the ones running the nodes will decide witch development to follow ... i personally would run nothing bn involved ...

You are absolutely correct the community picks the current version through adoption. That's why we have never called ourselves the "official" anything. We call ourselves the Core Team as that is the project we are working on and for no other reason. The source is 100% open on GitHub which I feel is best for the community and the skeptics. Once it's completed anyone that would like to fork it into a repo is welcome to. I was not the originator of the GitHub host.

-IceBurst

• admin

@IceBurst Maybe this is a progress to form something sustainable ... but blacklisting devs that want to contribute, is a behaviour that tell me, that there are people involved that are not helpful and need to be left behind.

@BurnMe Sorry for leaving the topic of this thread ... just needed to respond to that.

• @luxe its ok to leave the topic. I am learning every day more about burstcoin and the wallet.