Lot of 2 Dell Poweredge R410 servers for sale.

• I'm selling a lot of 2 Dell Poweredge R410 servers on ebay. Servers specification below:

Dual Xeon X5650, 6 Cores per CPU @ 2.66 GHz, Turbo 3.06 GHz
    4x 3.5 HDD trays
    4 x 8GB PC3-10600R ECC DDR3-1333MHz
    Dell IDRAC6 6i Enterprise
    SAS 6/IR
    Dell 480 Watts

If anybody's interested check it out here: http://r.ebay.com/J6Dn17
    These would make some wicked plotting machines!

• Ill vouch my expertise on this, these servers would make a great mining rig, if you keep them out of the case that is, the motherboard supports 6 sata ports + 2 pci-e slots if im correct, good for 6 hdd's (with raid controller from the server) and a few raid cards...

Edit : Plus the 480 watts power supply should have 6 4pin 12vs, easily upgrade able if needed, @Tate-A what are the cpu's you have in them ? then we can work out what power we have left for harddrives !

• Dell poweredge servers are all we will buy. We ran a big farm of enterprise VMs on them for many many years. Even had a couple of r410s ourself.

They refuse to break. In fact not once did we have one break on us. The older ones would just get relegated to shit duty.

• @ScreamIndevnull I bought 20 servers from work, thay were barebone. No CPUs, RAM or trays. I was hoping to rebuild them and make a few bucks doing it. Kinda hard to say if I make anything after I sell them, time eBay takes there fees. eBay fees are crazy! I need to order 40x trays, 64x8GB 10600R RAM sticks, and 32x X5650 CPUs to complete the rest of them. The nice thing is that since I'm ordering bulk some eBay sellers give me a little bit of a discount. My goal was to give these servers a ton of power, that's why I went with a 6 core CPUs, you can find the servers all over on eBay with 4 cores CPUs. And I also like it when you have a couple empty RAM slots, to add more RAM later, that's why I went with 4x8GB RAM sticks, so you can easily add 4 more sticks later on to give it 64GB. Everybody on eBay just want to fill them up with 4 GB sticks. I also picked the faster RAM 1333MHz in stead of 1066MHz, I have a couple of the servers you do notice a big difference between the RAM speeds. They make nice desktops, just throw a nice GPU in it and there you go, I think I'm using Nvidia GT 730 2GB in mine, with that GPU you can keep it in 1U case.

• @Tate-A said in Lot of 2 Dell Poweredge R410 servers for sale.:

eBay fees are crazy! I need to order 40x trays, 64x8GB 10600R RAM sticks, and 32x X5650 CPUs to complete the rest of them. The nice thing is that since I'm ordering bulk some eBay sellers give me a little bit of a discount. My goal was to give these servers a ton of power, that's why I went with a 6 core CPUs, you can find the servers all over on eBay with 4 cores CPUs. And I also like it when you have a couple empty RAM slots, to add more RAM later, that's why I went with 4x8GB RAM sticks, so you can easily add 4 more sticks later on to give it 64GB. Everybody on eBay just want to fill the

@Tate-A I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but I want to offer a suggestion to look into.

Part of what my business is is making the most out of surplus computer equipment. Let me suggest that you run the numbers on selling parts out of the servers you bought vs buying more components to complete them. I have found that most of the time, it's about the same or even more profitable to sell parts.

Parts to sell - caddies, motherboard, power supply, fans, heatsinks...maybe some other things if you see they are selling.
    #1 Benefit to parting out: Lower shipping costs. The steel cases are heavy.
    #2 Benefit: You are selling parts to normally a more competent tech person than someone that is going for a complete ready to use system. So, lower customer service requirements.
    #3 Benefit: You're not risking even more money completing the systems.

After you have removed all of the parts to sell, take the steel cases to a scrap yard for a few bucks.

If you need help figuring out what service to use for shipping, let me know.