Has BURST LOST it's Community Spirit?

• @qibucks I think you are right. Seems everyone is on edge, including myself. As any community gets larger this is bound to happen. I am looking at it as growing pains.. Scammers and thieves will be found and called out but that i guess is how it goes. From the recent implosion across the pond there is definitely going to be blow-back. It is expected. People lost money and good people who are tied in with the bad are getting caught in the mix. Trust is a hard thing to get back but it is possible. I am just happy we have a place to hash things out.

In all honesty i think everything is fine although sad that things can change and so quickly. This is the crypto world one of the most volatile and haste-full markets on earth. I hope for calmer waters in the future but I assure you hostility will always be a constant as the community gets bigger.

• @qibucks Agreed completely.

I got into Burst sometime near the end of 2016 and since then have been developing something that should draw a lot of attention to the coin. However I really regret choosing Burst for my project since it appears most of the high profile members of the community can't handle disagreements without ad hominem attacks, misogynistic insults, or worse.

Anyone new coming in is not going to care who flung the mud first when the entire community is covered in mud.

• @FlippyCakes lets just call it Mud Baths! Its good for your skin you know 😃

• @qibucks Tbf their is a large amount of scammers in bitcoin, their are a large amount of scammers everywhere, the only person ill call out is adam, no one else, I dislike him and ive made it public, it doesent mean im being nasty im just rather annoyed he thinks it is his empire over a community, im disgusted at the way he treats genuine people like @crowetic and his fiancee (I think she is, not sure) but the point still stands, he is a known spammer, people like that dont deserve a platform, just my 2 cents.

I think the arguing is good to a certain point, we're all human, but sometimes I might have taken some things a bit far, which is why instead of calling out adam's crap here I do it rather healthy via twitter, id rather not discuss this here, but I still do sometimes, im more focused on my developments anyway.

But I have to agree at a line with it, we need to focus on developing stuff for burstcoin, getting adaption with this efficient coin, otherwise we will just turn into a hatred ball which will bounce only so far.

• It was never going to be peaceful getting rid of the tyrant involved. Hopefully, without anymore (legitimate) fuel, it'll start to die down. We can only hope! ❤

• Every great project has growing pains, and so does Burst. Community spirit will only die if we let it, and I reckon there are tons of great people here keeping the coin alive each and every day. Nothing to worry about. 🙂

• There will always be disagreement when there are many people involved... everyone has their opinions and perspective.

BUT... the current nastiness, drama, and immaturity is mainly the result of ONE PERSON. Everyone needs to keep that in mind. There are still great people here .... and BURST is still BURST. Don't let that one person get the best of you.

• @qibucks As a species, we are doomed. A family member of mine will soon bring a new life into this world. It makes me sad to think she might not be able to see real coral reefs in the ocean when she grows up.

The burstcoin community, as a whole, is doing just fine. As our small community grows, we will see more drama and more people trying to take advantage of the coin and others. Don't listen to the noise and the drama. Listen to the ones that have long-term trust within the community and are not going anywhere soon.

Lastly, just like in real life, you must be careful with your money and use it wisely. Use your Burst for things that make sense for you. Especially now that the coin has seen an increase in value. Yet, don't be afraid of taking a little risk every now and then. 😉

• This post is deleted!

• Banned

chill out guys its a part of game and reality is this heat keeps it alive i can see burst is more stronger than before i dont know why are you not seeing it lolz

• @qibucks These are just growing pains. When you have splits, differences and detractors.

The core of Burst are the miners, the speculators are an unfortunate symptom.

One must remember that markets are fuelled by two emotions - greed and fear..

What we have essentially is a decentralised currency that should not be controlled by manipulation, it should be allowed to grow or fall naturally without control freaks trying to direct it in their desired direction.
    AG looks upon Burst as his 'empire' but his psychotic mind does not see the true picture, simply that one idiot cannot claim the throne over something that truly belongs to the whole collective group.
    To truly move ahead, Burst must be nurtured, and have good roots, this why it will survive any splits etc...

• @keyd0s your comment about feeling the other end of the stick struck a chord with me. I am part of the "new" Burst crowd and found out about Burst via YouTube videos. Unfortunately this included BN/AG videos at a time I was looking for a community. So I joined right before the poop hit the fan. The total AG dictatorship, talk of his "empire", petty bannings, etc. totally turned me off.

I found this wonderful place as a result. I made a personal decision to not be part of the hatred and negativity at BN, left, and haven't been back. Several of the nicer people I met at BN either felt the same way or were banned and ended up here. I wish I had "discovered" Burst-Team first. Or...maybe not. Maybe the sad experience over there makes me appreciate this community that much more.

• This post is deleted!

• admin

@Evo Welcome to the community, I hope you bring others in with you, and that my promise made to another has been shared with you.

• @dvndr007 for burst holders yes, but not for those of us who invested all our burst in assets.

• @qibucks Give it time and things should return to hold their value at least in the assets that the owners will do something for it to happen?! Remember that this is not only a bummer for investors but also for issuers too, so in some cases, provably it will be needed that the investors arrass the issuers in order for them to get their asses doing something for the value of the asset?! 😉

I just want to add that even before BN, or to be more precise, when AG came along with the Team and things started to go off rails, There was a very smart guy that told me, in our big conversations about possible paths that Burst could take with all the change that AG would bring, that it was innevitable that, with the growing of the community, a small separation would happen... I agreed with him at that time and I guess we were both right?! This separation started with the BN launch and later ended bringing everyone back to here, the only persons that stayed in BN were the newcomers that take AG as their idol and a couple of previous members that seem to have their judgement tolded by greed or something else...
    Do you guys care to guess who was that guy? I doubt you would guess (LOL) it was @Propagandalf ?!

Long story short, the path I see things take from now on is things started getting better, our community continue to grow and the confidence in the markets being restored... I think we still have a brilliant future ahead of us and I strongly belief AG was not even close to destroy the coin as I think it was the AG plan all along after he reach the 3000 sat mark he likes so much to talk about...

Hope this POV cheer you up @qibucks, and the fact that this was not something that happened and no one ever thinked it was possible... There was people seeing it happen even before AG started, they just wasn't able to do nothing about it, some of them, left because they thought AG would be the end of Burst, some of them left because they were disrespected, got their ideas stolen or even worst, but most of them stayed because they thought they were powerless when that happened but still could change the course of action... During that time multiple people were having multiple meetings a day to try and stop him but with all his manipulation and the support he was having from crow, things never happened to our side?!

Thank god, crowetic opened his eyes and the course of action was drastically changed, now we need to wait for things to start happening or get our feet wet 😉

BTW I speak of "them" above but I was one of the many persons that saw this happen from miles away, that's the reason I know about it! We just had our legs cutted with a lot of things that could have made AG never came along?!

• @gpedro Thanks for the mention, you and I have had many good talks about Burst's future. 🙂

• @Propagandalf Absolutely bro... I think you remember that time when we was not even logged in at the same time but we would leave literally letter of more than one page with our thoughts on somethings LOL and our conversations lasted days hahahaha... Basically it's still like this most of the times due to our timezones differences and such but I like it... It's like that time when people had to write letters to communicae lol xD

But I clearly see a brighter future than what I was seeing before this whole thing of the BN fall started happening?!
    I literally did what @nameless were used to say, and grabed a packet of popcorns in the first hours, then things started to get too bloody and I had to take 1 day out of the coin in order to think and see all from a good POV... And now, as I sayed I see a brigther future and we even start seeing some of the people that left due to AG to get back in Burst, hope the rest will come after and we can rebuild the whole team mates spirit that was before! This will take a lot of work and some people will have to be called off sometimes but things will get back to where we were (or better!!! We all know getting back to where we were is never a good thing, we need to see improvements, right? xD) hahah

• @gpedro Lol, yes proper bromance ❤ From back then we should have learned to write replies that are not a whole page long, which is something I find hard to do sometimes :p

There's definitely enough Burst to go around for anyone to be able to participate with their own projects, regardless if one or several entities mess things up. As Burst gets bigger and bigger the kind of disputes we have seen recently will not make such a big impact overall. 🙂

• @Propagandalf LOL yeah I also find very difficult to reply with short answers hahaha

Regarding to this altercations I also agree that they will be less and less important as the community grow... More people, more support for this kind of unnintentional or intencional hype?!