Trying To Restart Xplotter

• So I was in the middle of plotting a drive, and had to restart my computer. I started plotting through the AIO wallet, but had read that I can run xplotter manually to restart. When I try to restart, nothing happens...I need some help figuring out what I am doing wrong.

Location of plot file: H:\Burst\plots

Plot Filename: 13704411660324432376_800000001_30522128_30522128

Contents of RunThisAsAdmin.bat

@setlocal
    @cd /d %~dp0
    H:\Burst\XPlotter_avx.exe -id 13704411660324432376 -sn 800000001 -n 30522128 -t 6 -path H:\Burst\plots -mem 8G
    @pause

The Burst AIO wallet was installed on my C:\ drive.

Help? Thanks!

• @ryanw
    I had done something similar.
    Started with the AIO plotter, and then killed it, copied the file name so I knew what nonces/numbers to use in the manual xplotter, and then started and stopped the xplotter manually when I needed to

your info looks correct
    Are you right clicking and Run as Administrator?
    Can you screen shot your plotter when it starts?

• Delete the BUrst folder in what ever drive you're trying to plot.

Plot that drive now, should be good.

Plotting I think has no resume but have to start from the beginning.

This happened to me and resume didn't work.

• admin

@ryanw Open a CMD prompt as admin, go to the directory where the bat file is, run it. You'll see any error messages.

@Hitti2 - Deleting is not required, xplotter plots are resumable.

• @mrgoldy @haitch I have ran this batchfile through a cmd prompt I opened as an administrator, right-clicked and ran as administrator, types it all in on the cmd prompt, and nothing happens. No errors, just does nothing. I don't get it.

• No suggestions? Just don't want to lose 4 days of plotting LOL

• admin

@ryanw copy the runmeasadmin.bat and xplotter_avx.exe to c:\temp

Then Run CMD.exe (as an administrator) - in that box do:
    cd c:\temp
    runmeasadmin

If there is an error it should be displayed.

• @haitch Nothing...just hits the pause.

0_1495497433807_xplotter.png

• admin

@ryanw That's really odd - I've never seen the app just quit without an error, without even the startup screen.

You can try removing the "H:\burst\" from in front of the xplotter command so it runs the local copy of xplotter, but beyond that I have no idea.

@Blago ?

• I had removed the path to H:\ and that didn't do anything either. The program runs for a couple seconds and then closes. Thank you for your suggestion, I was hoping I was doing something wrong, but I guess that's not the case!

• @ryanw said in Trying To Restart Xplotter:

I had removed the path to H:\ and that didn't do anything either. The program runs for a couple seconds and then closes. Thank you for your suggestion, I was hoping I was doing something wrong, but I guess that's not the case!

What directory is the plotter in? you need to replace h:\plots in the beginning of the line with that directory and rerun.

• @ryanw
    have you tried changing the thread count down to 1 and changing the mem to -2G?
    just trying to think outside the box of why it wouldn't work or what could be stopping it

How many cores do you have? and how much memory?

• @mrgoldy said in Trying To Restart Xplotter:

@ryanw
    have you tried changing the thread count down to 1 and changing the mem to -2G?
    just trying to think outside the box of why it wouldn't work or what could be stopping it

How many cores do you have? and how much memory?

Memory or cores is probably not his problem. His code line says the xplotter is in the h:\plots directory. I doubt it is. It is probable in the c:\burst\xplotter or c:\burstwallet\xplotter.v1.0\ or some such directory.

• admin

• If the cmd window couldn't find the application, it'll generate an "unknown command or application" warning - that's not happening happening.

• If there was a problem with the cores/memory - the app would at least start then barf - no barf.

• The only thing I can think of is a missing MS Library.

• @haitch said in Trying To Restart Xplotter:

• If the cmd window couldn't find the application, it'll generate an "unknown command or application" warning - that's not happening happening.

• If there was a problem with the cores/memory - the app would at least start then barf - no barf.

• The only thing I can think of is a missing MS Library.

Does he really have the xplotter sitting in the h:\burst directory? He said he had the wallet installed on the c: drive. How did the xplotter end up in the h: drive. He never checked or stated the plotter was or wasn't in h:\burst. I'm betting it's not there.

• @mrgoldy Yes, I have tried changing every variable around. I have plenty of memory and cores 96GB/12

• @rds It seems like the aio creates a link from the H: drive to the installed files on the C drive.

• admin

@ryanw willing to do a TV session tomorrow ?

• @haitch Sure...I have never used it though. I don't know what availability I'll have right now though, so it would be simpler to say sometimes in the evening PST.

• @ryanw said in Trying To Restart Xplotter:

@rds It seems like the aio creates a link from the H: drive to the installed files on the C drive.

Doesn't make sense to me. Use the windows explorer and Identify where your xplotter program is, post a screenshot like this:

0_1495510755486_upload-5914a945-2625-4496-822e-888bf64018e4