Plots full of smoke..?

• Hello again, so it seems that my plots (plotted using Xplotter) are falsely full. I suspected this when some of my drives claimed to be full after my computer crashing. I have 30tb yet haven't won a single block in my pool, other pools give me an extremely small pay out. some of my 8tb drives only took a couple hours to "plot"

• :V interesting you might have corrupt files but would be better to know which pool your mining with and how long you ahve been mining.

• @cretin I think @tross wrote something about "ghost nonces". Maybe he knows if there's anything you could do to fix it?

• I was plotting a 1tb hdd and cut it off after ten minutes. When I look at the plot it show the plot name and said it was 931gb.
    So I tried mining and it worked but found no dl but was listed on miner as 931gb.

So that told me that the xploter builds the structure for all the nonces first then fills them up with nonces. but its like an ice cube tray it could be half full with water but takes up just as much space as the other full trays.

So if xplotter stops or gets done quickly better to do it all over.

• If the plotter is interrupted at any percentage, the plot file is considered "incomplete" or corrupt until the plot file is fully finished. So miner programs will refuse to use the corrupted plot file until it is complete. And yes, it will still take up your HDD space so you must delete the plot file and start over again. Unless you know which nonce you left off at, you can find the XPlotter .exe and just change the bat file to start at # nonce and end at the same nonce you choose.

• @p0int_scale said in Plots full of smoke..?:

If the plotter is interrupted at any percentage, the plot file is considered "incomplete" or corrupt until the plot file is fully finished. So miner programs will refuse to use the corrupted plot file until it is complete. And yes, it will still take up your HDD space so you must delete the plot file and start over again. Unless you know which nonce you left off at, you can find the XPlotter .exe and just change the bat file to start at # nonce and end at the same nonce you choose.

The above is incorrect on so many levels:

The plotfile is not corrupt if it is interrupted.
    The miner file does not refuse to use an incomplete file.
    You don't need to delete the file.
    You don't have to start over again.
    You don't have to know which nonce you left off at.

To resume plotting just restart the plotter.

If you started the plot using -n 0 you will need to look at the file and see how many nonces (xxxxx) the xplotter assigned to the file and replace -n 0 with -n xxxxx, then restart.

• admin

@p0int_scale As @rds said, the miner knows nothing about the file - if it is xplotter generated, then it can be resumed from where you left off. Only if it is another plotter do you need to delete. However, to resume a busted xplotter plot, you need to get in and do manual stuff. If you want fully automated, delete the file and start over.

• wow, thanks guys. I was trying to rush to get back to mining and ended up deleting the plots and replotting all 4 at the same time off 2 PC's. Does Xplotter always assume you have an 8 core CPU? Im plotting off one with 4 and one with 6 yet both say I can use 8 cores??

• @rds thanks

• @cretin said in Plots full of smoke..?:

wow, thanks guys. I was trying to rush to get back to mining and ended up deleting the plots and replotting all 4 at the same time off 2 PC's. Does Xplotter always assume you have an 8 core CPU? Im plotting off one with 4 and one with 6 yet both say I can use 8 cores??

Not sure what your command line looks like. I always specify max cores/threads for max speed. I have a laptop with 4 cores runs 3300 n/m and an AMD processor with 8 cores runs 8200 n/min, so about 1000 n/min per core.

To make sure the plotter doesn't hog your CPU time, set priority to below normal. When nothing else is going on the plotter runs at full speed but if you want to run something else, it will take a back seat until you're done with the other task.

Looks like your connection to BurstCoin - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.