I can see why people get frustrated with mining burst...

• This is a week and 2 gentlemen on this board that have helped me and whom have a lot of knowledge. Each has remoted in, each has tried their on configuration, and each time the plots have failed (ps. thank you both for your help) maybe it's just the config I am on that won't work? For the avg person I can see why they would get turned off of trying to mine and be apart of the community. It really should not be this difficult to get something done.

In my situation it's 4 6tb drives in USB 3.0 enclosures. First few times, the drives stopped at the same point and failed. Using PlotsChecker to see if it could be resolved? Hopeful? FAILURE. Big bright red letters.. (replot) lol...

I have patience to a point, but damn.. they are running thin... Simply put the reason for going custom vs the AIO is even the AIO had a failure after 4 days. So going the GPU route seemed to be the way to go with my 1080 and still nothing but failures. Frustrating!

Not sure how you all remain so patient! lol.. good luck with your burst! Ill pray for a gui that does gpu mining and can figure out the math needed for particular drives automatically and just works. Have a good Tuesday!

• @ProSportsPhotog don't actually know what is wrong, to me when I first start mining, everything went fine

• I don't either... if I did, it would work! lol...

If it were me trying to configure and do calculations, I can tell you right away what the failure is/was. However 2 guys on here that are very good at what they do - set it up, and still failures. I just can't figure out wtf is going on! I have literally pounded my head on the table (not near the computer or hard drives) <~Another point of failure if that happened hehe

• @ProSportsPhotog it should be a simple process, what error logs can you provide ? as we can still try and help you fix this !

• My sugestion is to start a little slower. IIRC you wanted to get your GPU in the game. When I started I had an integrated GPU only and although the Burst software could see it, I couldn't get it to work. Now I have figured it out and use the GPU to mine only. I still CPU plot with Xplotter. It creates an optimized file in one fell swoop.

Try the Xplotter for plotting CPU. It may be slower than GPU but once running you can restart multiple times if necessary without losing work and it is fully optimized.

You write little bat files to each drive and your good to go.

E.G.

pause
    c:\burst\XPlotter.v1.0\XPlotter_avx.exe -id 14567867970884553099 -sn 1300000000 -n 3815000 -t 4 -path h:\burst\ -mem 1G
    c:\burst\XPlotter.v1.0\XPlotter_avx.exe -id 14567867970884553099 -sn 1303815000 -n 3815000 -t 4 -path h:\burst\ -mem 1G
    c:\burst\XPlotter.v1.0\XPlotter_avx.exe -id 14567867970884553099 -sn 1307630000 -n 3815000 -t 4 -path h:\burst\ -mem 1G
    c:\burst\XPlotter.v1.0\XPlotter_avx.exe -id 14567867970884553099 -sn 1311445000 -n 3815000 -t 4 -path h:\burst\ -mem 1G
    c:\burst\XPlotter.v1.0\XPlotter_avx.exe -id 14567867970884553099 -sn 1315260000 -n 0 -t 4 -path h:\burst -mem 1G
    pause

This file will fill a 4TB drive with 1TB plotfiles plus a baby one at the end.

• @ProSportsPhotog Who was helping you? Did they make sure your USBs were not being turned off after some time of inactivity? It can be the issue idk... I would suggest you to learn how to use the xPlotter manually and do multiple plots, that way if you lost some plot you still have the others you made before...

If you want me to try and help you I can do it for sure, just not with the GPU plotter since I never was able to make it to work since my GPU is pretty bad?! hehehe

Let me know... 😉

• I prefer the GPU since I have a Gtx 1080... Just banging my head on the wall trying to figure out what is going on. The two gents that helped were @rnahlawi and @PingOfd3ath they both are very informed in my opinion. There is just something going on here that we aren't seeing

• @ProSportsPhotog Well, by their names I know they are very informed and experienced about Burst...
    Regarding GPU mining I can't really help you but if you give on GPU and want to try with the CPU let me know and I will help you... Eitherway my only suggestion to you, @rnahlawi and @PingOfd3ath is that maybe you guys should check if the USB ports don't go to sleep after some time of inactivity... I doubt it could be the problem but is the only thing I can see on top of my head as a problem... Or else you don't have the devices.txt configurated properly?!

• I wouldn't know. The only thing I know is, it's a PAIN IN THE ASS! These plotters are about as complicated as a single woman, in a night club, with a mini skirt, and a ding dong.

I don't understand why the complications or the other exist. LMAO!

I thought I turned off the USB - and the reason I assumed that is, the plotter goes all the way to 5.7 gigs but left 334 megs open. After about another hour it popped up the error and when It tried to fix it it came up with replot! Hell, it didn't even tRY to fix it self. 😞

The CPU I have is a i7 7820 but I am not comfortable with 4000 nuances. There has to be a resolution.

• @ProSportsPhotog LOL I am plotting at 1750 nonces per min... 4000 seems good to me... It will be something arount 10-15Tb per week... At least you make it work, then if you are not satisfy with it you try to do it with the GPU xD

• @gpedro No bro, its the drives are overfilled with plots .. missed calculations for drive free space.. not sure but maybe due to reformatting drives in NTFS while calculations where made for exfat

• @rnahlawi oh if that's the case, I think he should have done multiple plot files, then if the last one doesn't finish, he should lower the number of nonces and plot how much he can 😉

• @gpedro The problem was using xplotter on NAS which forces exfat. I used GPUplotter to overcome this. Then the drives were installed in USB enclosures and I re-ran the same command without checking free space, stupid me!
    I told @ProSportsPhotog that he can now use Xplotter as drives are NTFS and his CPU is super fast which might give similar speeds of GPUplotter.

• Hey! @rnahlawi I am for either or I just assumed the GPU was much faster since I was seeing 60k nuances with my GTX 1080... With my CPU if I could get those same numbers I would be good! Maybe multiple plots? Will that make it multiple drive letters? Because I plan on adding another 25 tb soon. 🙂

PS when I tried the AIO plotter it ran slower than dog #[email protected]%... 3k is all I was getting. I would rather use GPU if that is going to be the case 🙂

• @gpedro said in I can see why people get frustrated with mining burst...:

@ProSportsPhotog LOL I am plotting at 1750 nonces per min... 4000 seems good to me... It will be something arount 10-15Tb per week... At least you make it work, then if you are not satisfy with it you try to do it with the GPU xD

4k is unacceptable. I would rather send the drives back. I didn't upgrade equipment for no reason. 🙂

• @ProSportsPhotog Plotting is the slowest part of the process because requires a shit ton of computation but you only have to do it one time and that's it... 4k nonces will get you around 10-15Tb plotted by week... It's not that bad... I would start plotting with the CPU while you don't know how to plot with the GPU... GPU plotting require a lot of tweeking to achieve the maximum of your GPU because you will have to try a lot of setups until you get the right one for your machine!

Multiple plots can be held in the same drive so it will not require more drive letters until you fill the hdd!

• @gpedro said in I can see why people get frustrated with mining burst...:

@ProSportsPhotog Plotting is the slowest part of the process because requires a shit ton of computation but you only have to do it one time and that's it... 4k nonces will get you around 10-15Tb plotted by week... It's not that bad... I would start plotting with the CPU while you don't know how to plot with the GPU... GPU plotting require a lot of tweeking to achieve the maximum of your GPU because you will have to try a lot of setups until you get the right one for your machine!

Multiple plots can be held in the same drive so it will not require more drive letters until you fill the hdd!

Yet again 4k is unacceptable.

• @ProSportsPhotog ,

4k is better than zero, just sayin 🙂

• @rds As is 50k to 4k... this is your opinion. 🙂

• @rds exactly my point LOL
    @ProSportsPhotog I can't help you with GPU plotting like i said before so you will need someone else that can help you with that 😉