Plot sizes / multi-plot?

• 2 questions for other burst enthusiasts

1. What is the best / optimal plot sizes? I have been making plots anywhere from 100-600 gigs with most being in the 200 gig area. Is there a better size and I am assuming they don't all need to be the same size etc?

2. Is there a way to do a batch of plots, designate an entire 2tb drive to plots, and have the software make 15 100 gig plot files or what not, instead of having to go and start a new plot? Or is there a way to plot multiple files at the same time?

• admin

@tomahawkeer Using the gpuplotter you can do multiple plots at the same time - but you need to lower the stagger on each one as the stagger is per file, and the total memory used is the sum of all of them. That said - I've done 10 plots simultaneiusly on a box with 32GB. Basically after configuring the devices.txt you do

gpuplotgenator generate direct <file1> <file2> ....... <fileX>

• @tomahawkeer said:

1. What is the best / optimal plot sizes? I have been making plots anywhere from 100-600 gigs with most being in the 200 gig area. Is there a better size and I am assuming they don't all need to be the same size etc?

Theres no optimal plot sizes... The bigger you can get it, better! They don't need to be the same size, however they have to be following the nonces of the last plot(if in the same drive)

1. Is there a way to do a batch of plots, designate an entire 2tb drive to plots, and have the software make 15 100 gig plot files or what not, instead of having to go and start a new plot? Or is there a way to plot multiple files at the same time?

There is a way of multi plotting... You can set up as much plots at the same time as your PC could carry... I'll do a How-To thread here, as soon as I'll able to (tomorrow or something) because theres a lot of posts from a lot of people around here (such as I) about this plotting part and I think that the information should be all crystal-clear if we want that Non-TI Newbies be able of understand how they can do it in the simpliest way.
    Of course the simpliest way is in the BurstCoin Wallet AIO, but if you want to make more than one plot at a time, for now just go to the Burst Software and download the wplotgenerator... It's the simpliest! If you can't figure out how it works (run by cmd), just put 'wplotgenerator.exe' in the root folder of the drive you want to plot and follow the example:
    In this case is on drive F:/

wplotgenerator 4162537466170472951 0 1053696 2048 2 f:/burst/plots

where:
    4162537466170472951 - AccountID
    0 - Starting nonce
    1053696 - Number of total nonce => (size of the plot in bytes/262144)
    2048 - Stagger(RAM allocated) => 1024=256Kb
    2 - no. of CPU threads allocated
    f:/burst/plots - Path where to save the plot file

Attention for overlapping plots. the next plot after this example (in the same drive):

wplotgenerator 4162537466170472951 1053696 1053696 2048 2 f:/burst/plots

See, the starting nonce changed from 0 to 1053696, so that be read as a continuation of the plot file...

Made myself explained? Sorry if my english is not the best...

Of course you have the gpuPlotter too... But that i can't explain yet because i can't seems to run it. After i finish the plots i've been made for the last 3 days i will try understand the gpuPlotter and maybe do a How-To thread for Non-TI Newbies, too...

GOOD PLOTTING AND MINING?!

EDIT: Sorry for that will! xD

• @gpedro said:

See, the starting nonce changed from 0 to 1053696, so that be read as a continuation of the plot file...

i have 8gb of ram in computer, i have to make a stagger with 8092 right???

when we plot in another drive, we have to start nonce in 0 again or continue the 1 plot value??? like your example??

""Attention for overlapping plots. the next plot after this example (in the same drive):

wplotgenerator 4162537466170472951 1053696 1053696 2048 2 f:/burst/plots
    See, the starting nonce changed from 0 to 1053696, so that be read as a continuation of the plot file..""

how can i made a fast deadlines???? why my read plot is only 40m/s??

@administrators @Global-Moderators @luxe

• It you have a plot already and you want to increase your total mining size start the 2nd wplot where the last one left off, (not 0). If you start at 0 you will buplicate all of your previous data and not gain any new plots. You stagger needs to be a multiple of your ram, you can use 8GB, or 4GB would be fine too. You don't want to trash your C:\ drive by store what should be memory objects into your swap space. It should 8192, not 8092. This is in nouces and will use 2GB of RAM. Faster deadlines happen by increasing your total plot size and luck. I have two machines mining right now, one with 5TB and one with 400gb, the 5TB beats the 400GB I would estimate 95% of the time.

40m/s sounds very reasonable for mining unless you have done something special.

HTH,

-IceBurst

• @IceBurst what is best to use,... 8gb or 4gb of ram??

• The best amount of RAM to use is the maximum amount of free RAM that your system has, so run task manager and find the free amount, make it just a little less so in case you do something like fire up a web browser, we want to minimize the amount of disk trashing during plotting to increase performance.

HTH,

-IceBurst

• @IceBurst said:

est amount of RAM to use is the maximum amount of free RAM that your system has, so run task manager and find the free amount, make it just a little less so in case you do something like fire up a web browser, we want to minimize the amount of disk trashing during plotting to increase performance.

hummm ok, understand now, but that its only to plotting, or is important to mining to?? example, i have 8gb ram, but always i am in webbrowser, consumption is 2gb always, only have 4/ 5 gb free ram more a less, it is better to put 4gb of ram to plot the drive??

• @burstcoinPT for example:
    My PC has 4GB RAM but as usually (on Windows), i only has left in the most part of the time, 2GB RAM free... So i normally use 1.75GB to plot. in my example i was using 512Mb, so i can stay plotting and use the PC at the same time, but just basically, you need to understand what are the best suits configuration to your PC... If i were you, i wouldn't use more than 4GB. Just do one at 4GB and see you nonces during plotting, and monitor at least the first times with Task Manager so you could understand your PC... It's not a big problem when your CPU is at 100% (besides its slower), when you ran out of RAM, that's a problem, that's when the plotter blocks and strange things happens in you PC (lol), so just establish a secure line(i would recomend that you don't use more that 80-85% of your total RAM, maybe 90% when you doesn't are using your PC). So do your Math?! 🙂 When i'm plotting i always have the task manager at least in resume view.

P.S.: Se precisares que traduza, fala comigo no chat... []

• @iceburst Do you factor in dedicated GPU RAM into the equation? For instance, I have 16 GB "regular" RAM, and my GPU has 2 GB dedicated RAM.

• if you are using wplot you do not factor in GPU RAM, only system RAM. If you are using the GPU plotter tool that's a different story. I'm migrating all of my plotting to the GPU plotter because you can also plot /direct which means you don't need to do an optimization either.

HTH,

-IceBurst