New Target Deadline for Burstcoin.party Pool

• Effective immediately, burstcoin.party pool has changed its Target Deadline.

New Deadline Details

To: 12096000

too much

The pool will be reducing its deadline a couple more times before settling down.

Thank you

• @socalguy I'm new to mining Burst, so does this change affect the smaller miners?

• Yes. With smaller miners your going to have a harder time finding DL below 2 weeks. Meaning youll get less overall historic shares.

• @manfromafar Thanks for the reply. Looks like I am pretty much out of the Burst mining business for now. Are there any pools that are still pretty good for smaller miners?

• admin

@team23 How small ? @Lexicons pool accept small miners - http://burst.lexitoshi.uk/

• I'm mining there with my 4TB, I'm enjoying!

• @team23 I reduced the deadline because folks were submitting year long deadlines and that is too long. For now, Miners are still able to submit very long deadlines though.

• @haitch I am only using about .25Tb. I thought I would just get my feet wet trying this. Is Lexicons pool ok for such a small miner?

• admin

@team23 Yep, it's perfect for that size.

• @team23 yes Lex's pool still supports year long deadlines. Plus @Lexicon is a cool dude.

• Thanks for the answers guys! Really appreciate it!

• @haitch Which port do I use....I see conflicting info. I see 8124 and 8125

• admin

@team23 Should be port 8124 for mining.

• @haitch said in New Target Deadline for Burstcoin.party Pool:

@team23 Should be port 8124 for mining.

is there someplace on the forum with a miner.conf file that has all the settings ready to go, I just spent a lot of time trying to track down the "target deadline" for the pool since it wasn't showing up on theeeeee lets see it was some utility screen or something... but I think new users and generally anyone who needs to modify target deadlines or other information might find it easier if there is a download of it? just plop in place, edit the plots line, and good to go...

I know it may seem trivial really, folks should be able to search through, but information overload has made me click dozens of threads trying to keyword through to find the information... must be a better way to organize things like that, I was hoping the pool website would display a lot more basic info that folks might need, or at least links where to get it, like the link I found below finally...

http://pool.burst-team.us/burst?requestType=getMiningInfo

at least, I hope that targetdeadline in there is what I was supposed to set my miner.conf file to, I mean it seems to work out to 8 days which sounds logical? I dunno, now I'm second guessing myself, this is why we need a clear single place to go for info, like the pools website or something... maybe its just I am so utterly new I don't know the common basics and this seems like such basic info to people who have been doing it so long, but I suspect thats why folks ask so many questions, we're overloaded with threads repeating info without a clear way to disseminate a lot of it at once with a step by step... now I'm babbling, been a long day, just wanted to fire up the miner before I called it a day... guess I'll try!

• @Darkbane Here is what I am working with.

{
    "Mode" : "pool",
    "Server" : "pool.burstcoin.party",
    "Port":8081,

"UpdaterAddr" : "pool.burstcoin.party",
    "UpdaterPort": "8081",

"InfoAddr" : "pool.burstcoin.party",
    "InfoPort": "8081",

"EnableProxy": false,
    "ProxyPort": 8081,

"Paths":["E:\plots"],
    "CacheSize" : 40000,
    "ShowMsg" : false,
    "ShowUpdates" : false,

"Debug": true,
    "UseHDDWakeUp": true,

"SendBestOnly": true,
    "TargetDeadline": 1209600,

"UseFastRcv" : false,
    "SendInterval": 100,
    "UpdateInterval": 950,

"UseLog" : true,
    "ShowWinner" : true,
    "UseBoost" : true,

"WinSizeX": 76,
    "WinSizeY": 60
    }

• admin

@Darkbane For most of the pools you don't need to set the target deadline, the pool will tell the miner the longest deadline it will accept, and the miner won't send any DL longer than that.

@Darkbane For most of the pools you don't need to set the target deadline, the pool will tell the miner the longest deadline it will accept, and the miner won't send any DL longer than that.

so basically I was doing work that was already done in a sense, see its little things like this that are nice to know, I thought I needed to set it manually in the conf file, so that it wouldn't be sending wasted data to an already stressed system under attack from the hackers... the information on things like this is so scattered its hard to make heads or tails of what needs to be done, and I suspect its why so many people struggle and fail in the beginning with stuff, its too hard to find "the right" answer to many questions, its like you're building a single puzzle using pieces from multiple puzzles and you don't know if your pieces are even the right ones to use...

• admin

@Darkbane You can use that setting to avoid sending pointless DL's to the pool, eg pretty much anything over an hour, but if you limit the DL's you send, it may impact your historic share value a little. I'm not sure of the impact of sending for example a 3 day deadline vs. no DL at all.

as for the information being scattered, yes it is - but it's a whole lot better than it was when I got involved with Burst. The whole reason I created these forums was to provide a place to record the knowledge, and let people ask questions about things they don't understand or can't find knowledge about. The collective knowledge of everyone here can answer any question, from fundamentals in the wallet code, to setting up a miner or what is a deadline. It's not perfect, but it's better than what used to be.

@Darkbane You can use that setting to avoid sending pointless DL's to the pool, eg pretty much anything over an hour, but if you limit the DL's you send, it may impact your historic share value a little. I'm not sure of the impact of sending for example a 3 day deadline vs. no DL at all.

as for the information being scattered, yes it is - but it's a whole lot better than it was when I got involved with Burst. The whole reason I created these forums was to provide a place to record the knowledge, and let people ask questions about things they don't understand or can't find knowledge about. The collective knowledge of everyone here can answer any question, from fundamentals in the wallet code, to setting up a miner or what is a deadline. It's not perfect, but it's better than what used to be.

and as you can see, its helped me, I mean I've been scouring for information and I seem to keep coming back here to find it, there is just so much the way its organized needs to be optimized, like a plot lol, pun intended... I'm far from an expert computer user, but I can't begin to imagine how a basic or even a novice might feel trying to make heads or tails of the information and flood of it...

have you thought about condensing some of the topics... when I was looking for basic info I was going through multiple threads that seem all relatively the same, especially with the new users who we no doubt flood the sight with many duplicate threads and conversations making the flood of information worse... for example...

a new user comes onto the website, they want all the basics lined up in a row... "new users start here" and within that will have the introduce yourself, the step 1, step 2, step 3... basically each step broken down to a new thread so until they finish step 1 there is no reason to try the other steps, and likely when they encounter a problem, that will be the single source for their answer eventually, rather than what I've seen and honestly done myself is post in a couple threads because I simply didn't know the others existed... such as when I couldn't get the faucet to work I saw others asking for burstcoins in another thread, only to later on stumble across a thread made just for that... but I never saw it earlier, because there was just so much to go through...

I think streamlining it for new users with step by step threads might reduce a ton of clutter and wasted duplication and searching... and likely free up your time from folks like me asking questions that have been answered hundreds of times no doubt by the looks of it, but we simply can't find it easily and have to sort through hundreds of messages in several threads trying to find it...

(I know its far easier for me to criticize and suggest something be done, then someone have the time to actually do it, so please don't take this as back seat gaming, just trying to spot the obvious and make a suggestion that will no doubt give you way more time which I can only imagine is precious with all the stuff going on at the moment it seems, so no offense or harshness meant, since I do come off as abrasive in text sometimes, just trying to give a "new user perspective" to help improve things if possible)

• admin

@Darkbane We're working on it, also another user is setting up a FAQ site dedicated to centralizing the knowledge, We'll get to a central repository, won't be overnight, but it will happen.